Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

If you could have gotten Mattel to listen to you . . .

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: If you could have gotten Mattel to listen to you . . .

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:52 pm

Or mini CnCs.
Krypto, A mini Atom could of been like that, Elasti-Girl (instead of that thing we got), Mr. Mxyzptlk, bumblebee.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:01 pm

Yeah and honestly I think the weirdest thing was that Atom didn't just come with a Ray Palmer mini-Atom as his accessory. Also, why did Gentleman Ghost come with Atom in the Giganta wave? I don't understand the reasoning behind this but maybe I just didn't know the link because it would have made more sense if it came with a mini-Ryan Choi, not Ray Palmer, since Giganta dated Ryan in the comics. Major silliness with no Ryan Choi Atom variant, seemed like an obvious and easy variant. Also, I agree that it was strange to have Ocean Camo Aquaman, could've just made Tempest with the exact same parts with a new head.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Havok1891 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Yeah, Ocean Camo Aquaman was just plain strange. I've been reading comes since 1989 and if it wasn't for the internet, I'd have never known where that look came from. That is NOT an element that should go into making a figure. I suspect it was someone shot caller's personal want.

Yes, Tempest would have been about the same level of difficulty. Basic buck with sort of elaborate paint scheme.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:09 am

Ocean Warrior Aquaman. OMG. How did he slip my mind? Yea that was a bad choice, and made even worse that you needed him for the atom smasher piece.

I mite be wrong, but isnt there a Ryan Choi "infinite heroes" figure? Would he work?
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:12 am

I agree on both Tempest and Ryan Choi. I was a big fan of the Choi Atom and it was cool he was in Brave and the Bold, too. Tempest would've been almost the exact same amount of work except for the head. That's a really odd choice. Not to mention Aquaman taking up a whole slot with a variant figure although I could have lived with Aquaman being a variant to Tempest tho.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Avalon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:18 am

Gratz on Partner, Havok! :batgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby wally2974 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:30 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Would probably make it easier on customizers, too, if they used universal pegs. :batwink:

Soooo, the suited body buck hands have different pegs than the regular muscle, hero body bucks? How much of a pain is it to modify the regular body bucks' hands to fit the suit body buck wrists?
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby Anarky » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:59 am

Brand dilution. The Barbie brand does not rehash what American Girl is doing. I'm sure the DC people have their pet characters but only one company should be doing current comics stuff. You can wait on the lantern corps next time they show up on tv but It might also be time to ditch Cartoon Network if possible,
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Previous

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel