Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Welcome to DC Toy Revolution, Please Introduce Yourself!

Introduce yourself to the community! New members should post here first and a moderator will activate your account and approve your first post!

Welcome to DC Toy Revolution, Please Introduce Yourself!

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi everyone,

AcidDragon here. I'm a huuuge fan of the DC Universe Classics toy line. I've been a dedicated hardcore collector of this line since about half way through the run. It started with the man of steel himself, Superman, and then my collection really took off! I've also collected the smaller scale DC Infinite Heroes line, Masters of the Universe Classics, Transformers G1, retro TMNT, Voltron and more.

I helped start this forum for a place for people to relax and talk about their favourite DC toys, comics, collectibles and whatnot. I hope this works out and that you enjoy using this forum. PM me if you need anything. Have fun!

P.S. As an aside, I'm going to cut the ribbon to this forum with a picture of me clutching one of my favourite DC Universe Classics figures, Cassandra Cain Batgirl, in hand!

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to DC Toy Revolution, Please Introduce Yourself!

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:37 am

Hi all,

I go by Rex Mason, and you might know me from the Matty boards, Fwoosh, Sideshowcollectors, or the old DC boards. I only collect Batman related toys and comics these days, but that keeps me plenty busy.

Thanks for the invitation to the site!
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby HectorHall » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Hullo,
I have been over at Matty and Fwoosh and appreciate the invitation. I have been collecting comics since the late 70's and started figure collecting after I stumbled across a Remco Warlord. It wasnt much of a collection, (I added a SP Dr Fate from a garage sale) until Toy Biz exploded with the X-Men line and Marvel Superheroes. The lack of an Adam Warlock coupled with the belief that he would never get made led me straight into customizing. I have enjoyed most of my back and forth on the Matty boards, looking for like minded individuals with a sense of humor to go along with the collecting passion. If you're gonna ask a customizer to take a pic of his favorite picture you know he's gonna show off right. This is my John Fox Flash, not my favorite character, but I really like how he turned out. My son suggested the use of "shrinky dink" material for ears, legs and chest symbol.

If anyone ever catches me taking myself too serious...please put a stop to it.
Last edited by HectorHall on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi everybody,

I go by different names but I figured I'd use the name of one of my favorite characters in DC, Princess Amethyst of Gemworld! I frequent a lot of different boards but haven't really found any with DC comics in the spotlight so hopefully I can get my fix on here when things pick up.

I'm a canadian gal who loves being active, especially cycling. I love reading comics and comic movies, cartoons, you get the point! My favorite DC characters are Amethyst duh! Flash (Wally), Kyle Rayner and Miss Martian. Young Justice shall live on forever!!
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Webslinger » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:26 am

Your friendly neighborhood Webslinger here!!! Thanks for the invite!!! I hope this can truly be a site where the drama is left at the door and look forward to conversing with my fellow collectors about action figures, movies etc!!!

Webslinger
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Insanity's Peak » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:47 am

Umm. I'm Insanity's Peak. Some or most of you may know me from the Matty boards, before those I was active on the old Marvel boards until about '06 and then the City of Heroes forums from '07 until they were closed in '12. I currently reside in the center of the old Axis of Evil, and have an affinity for things that make the local government squeamish, like my collection of banned games.

As my handle suggests, I'm a pretty straight-laced and balanced guy. Really ! I'm seriously, serious you guys ! Ugh. That's what you get for letting your right hemisphere write an introduction.
Insanity's Peak
Civilian
Civilian

Location: The steps of City Hall, 1 Atlas Plaza, in the Atlas Park district of Paragon City

Idiot Savant has vacated the Mattel premises

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:48 am

My name is Brian (I live in Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z-Alpha, in-the-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin) and I've been a DC guy since I was created during a failed experiment in the lab....

My very first action figures were Mego Superman, Batman and Spider-man of which I still have in my collection. I was one of the guys that kept the DCUC family going with Mattel regardless of how it turned out or who places blame where, I loved every second of the collecting.

I am married (my wife doesn't understand this collecting thing), I have 2 beautiful girls Emma (5) and Chloe (2) and all of my stuff is happily displayed in the basement.

I currently have 1,088 action figures on display in my basement, what is known as "The Swamp"; most are DC figures from Mattel and DC Direct/Collectibles; Super Powers (missing only Cyborg); some Marvel Secret Wars, Legends and Select, Star Wars; Palisades Muppets; Transformers and a smattering of others. My prizes are Super Powers and Mego, even though they've been played with and not worth the most of my collection, it's the personal value I place on them.

I would like to thank the guys here for beginning this site and inviting me as well for I think we may have found a new home from the mass exodus that is Mattel.

I hope more of us stop by this site after we ditch Mattel's site.

Stay Minty-fresh,
Idiot Savant
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:20 am

Oh, god, Webslinger's here? I'm leaving....

Nice to seem some recognizable names dropping in. Folks may recognize me from mattycollector, recently the fwoosh, and a few other sites. Eventually I'll get some customs posted up here, but since I'm modding, I expect tributes or you will be banned. What? Abuse of power. Hmm. Ok. How about one tribute each? That seems fair.

About me, married, third kid about to be born in October so hopefully I can spend enough time here to avoid any real life responsibilities and just check in when they're all in college.

I grew up reading comics in the 80's so my nostalgia for all things of that decade knows no end. My favorite corner of the DCU is the JSA/All-Star Squadron, and although New52 Earth-2 has been decent enough, nothing can make up for the loss of all those wonderful legacy characters.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm

I recognize all you guys....they'll let anyone in here.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:03 pm

I know right? :batgrin:
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself!