Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Discuss all Marvel related media here whether it's comics, games, movies, TV series, animated programs and more!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D premiers Tuesday, September 24th! It stars Clark Gregg who's reprising his role as Agent Phillip Coulson. I'm actually pretty excited for this one. Anyone else going to be tuning in?? :batgrin:

agents-of-shield-official-poster.jpg
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Premiers Sept 24th! Who's Watching

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:08 am

I'm DVR'ing, not sure what to expect though.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:55 pm

They had me at "Created by Joss Whedon". Seriously, though, it looks pretty good. The hacker chick seems like she's gonna be a typically-amusing Whedon smartass, Ming Na is pretty damn sexy, and it's nice to see Gregg finally getting his own show. I'll definitely give it half a season, at least. If the quality is anything like Marvel's movies, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

As a side note, Once Upon A Time In Wonderland - which ABC is reeeeeaaaaaaally trying to market to the Shield crowd - looks bloody awful.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:31 pm

If all goes well, I may even forgive Ming Na for Streetfighter the Movie. :batwink: Haha, just kidding, she's done lots of great stuff since then.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crazy Jetty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm watching tonight. It looks alright, but SHIELD has never been what I consider one of the more interesting elements of the Marvelverse.
Personally, I think Disney/Marvel needs to do a Daredevil tv series, set in the cinema/avengers continuity, instead of trying to do a DD movie reboot, like they keep talking about every so often. That's the direction I'd have gone, instead of SHIELD.

And I'll try to ignore the Once jab, as Once Upon A Time is my favorite show.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Well, I was going to DVR this but because stupid ABC has it running the next two weeks until 9:01PM my DVR won't record it because I have other stuff being recorded. So ABC lost a viewer. If I hear good things I'll download it somehow.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm watching this in half an hour... Assuming I can get my receiver working!! It locked up when I set the PVR and now I'm trying to reboot it. Grr!! If I miss this I'm gonna be mad!! :wwshock:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Same here, show debuts in 1 minute here! :smgasp:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:39 pm

I just watched the pilot. It was about what I expected. I did enjoy it although I thought the dialog and story was overall cliche and at times cheesy but it was what I'd expect from the pilot episode. The characters are interesting and likable except I can't really get into the FitzSimmons duo. They said this wouldn't be a "hero/villain of the week" format, but with the whole "Centipede" thing, I can't see how this is possible but we'll see. Also, I thought for suuure that guy was going to be Cage/Power Man until they said his name was Mike Peterson but he was doing all the trademark Cage stuff like attacking people with girders. :smlol: Thoughts? :smsmile:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:57 pm

I liked it. A few things, though. I thought SHIELD would be portrayed a lot bigger than it was. I agree the dialog was kind of cheesy and cliched but that seems typical of Joss Whedon pilots. I can see it picking up later on and we'll look back at the pilot and see how far it's come. :wwgrin:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to Marvel Media