Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

BATMAN UNLIMITED: Beware the Batman

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: BATMAN UNLIMITED: Beware the Batman

Postby Barbecue17 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:44 pm

So, this guy is a bit old but I didn't manage to get one until Christmas and I just got around to revieiwng him (I'm trying to catch up on everything Batman from 2013 this week). I honestly think this guy is the worst Batman figure I own, and I own tons of Batman figures. He's just....not good at all.

Anyways, I reviewed him here. If you want to suffer a little, feel free to check out the review: http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/01/action-figure-review-beware-batman-from.html

Link fixed!!
Last edited by Barbecue17 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:25 am

Oops, looks like you posted your Gorshin Riddler review by accident, BBQ. I look forward to the your BTB Batman review. I still have mine in a Pile of Loot and I haven't got one in hand yet. So far, opinions have been highly polarized.

888, Lucky 888's post!!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Barbecue17 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:24 am

Thank for pointing that out!

The link is now correct!
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby amos brearly » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:29 pm

as a stand alone figure he was never going to work for me. if they had gone the route of a 4 or 5 wave line then i would have bit. as is the xmas amazon sale of $4.50 didn't get me to bite.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby rcs » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:01 pm

I think it's a nice figure for what it is. It's very show accurate. Part of the hate I think comes from folks not digging the show. I really enjoy the show myself. *shrugs*
rcs
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Avalon » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:42 pm

I really appreciate you taking the time to review this, Barbecue. I actually don't mind the figure too much. It would have find nice if they did more BTB figures to go with it but it still displays well with my other Batmen. With Planet X, Red Rain and DKR, he actually doesn't look that out of place to me.

P.S. Welcome to the forum, rcs! :mogrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Barbecue17 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:19 pm

rcs wrote:I think it's a nice figure for what it is. It's very show accurate. Part of the hate I think comes from folks not digging the show. I really enjoy the show myself. *shrugs*

I haven't seen the show yet myself, but my biggest problems are I still think the proportions are inaccurate when compared to the show's style and the figure itself suffers from a lot of damage, I'm guessing due to some issue with the molds. The chest, arms, and even the back of the head have lots of scuffs and damage that seems to be pretty widespread from what I've been able to determine.
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby Anarky » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:47 am

I like mine and gave it as good a push as I could this holiday season with 24 units purchased- primarily for toy drives. But this year, I'm not bothering with DC lines unless Anarky is in it. I'm not opening multiverse until I know he's coming.
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby loolar » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:58 am

I liked Caleb's idea of making him into a Shadow Thief... probably can get a masked Starman for not too much and not even have to repaint it... trip the scalloped gauntlets and I'd say you're there, besides painting out the bat symbol which is hardly visible anyway.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel