Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Batman Unlimited: Vampire Batman

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Batman Unlimited: Vampire Batman

Postby Barbecue17 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 am

I didn't see a thread for this guy so I figured I'd start one. While I get that some folks aren't terribly fond of Elseworlds concepts, this guy is still an incredible figure. He's a super well articulated figure with some really great sculpted elements. His wings are weird (well, how they connect anyways) but he just has a really fun vibe. He's not particularly expensive either, so now might be the time to decide if you're going to add him to your collection.

I reviewed him here: http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/02/action-figure-review-vampire-batman.html

Lots of pics (including one with the DC Direct version of this figure) to help you make up your mind.
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Re: Batman Unlimited: Vampire Batman

Postby Avalon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:25 pm

Nice review, man. I'm glad you did a side by side comparison with the DC Direct one. I think the Mattel one looks a bit better and the wings aren't THAAAT much smaller than the DC Direct one.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Barbecue17 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:51 am

Thanks!

You know, I was flipping through the TPB of this story and noticed that sometimes I thought the DC Direct figure was more accurate while other times Mattel's looked more accurate. I think both companies nailed different looks from the book pretty well.
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:28 pm

I like the idea of Elseworlds characters, I only wish they could have gotten to a "Gotham by Gaslight Batman"...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Barbecue17 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:34 am

Oh! That would have been really cool, especially if they would have built him on the chunkier MOTUC parts like the DKR Batman! He's one of my Elseworlds favorites.
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Very nice review. I still need to get mine shipped via my Pile of Loot, hah.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby loolar » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:23 am

I would have loved Gotham by Gaslight Batman...

I picked up the Vampire bats and I think he was done really quite well. I wonder if that body wasn't intended for something else like Ragdoll.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Thanks for reviewing this. I have mine and I do prefer it to the DC Direct version. I thought the muscle anatomy looked off on the DC Direct one.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel