Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Retro aka ReMego Figures by Figures Toy Company

This area is for DC related collectibles that do not fall under the above categories. This includes things like Minimates, Squinkies, Hot Toys, Figuarts, Funko POP vinyls, statues, props, boardgames, etc.

Retro aka ReMego Figures by Figures Toy Company

Postby TRDouble » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Is anyone else buying these? I initially stayed away, then got caught up with the announcement of the Mego Repro Batgirl and Teen Titans, then I finally decided to take the initial plunge and get a Wave One Batman & Robin (which I got for Christmas). When I saw the Alfred, I had to get the Secret Identity Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson too. As a child of the 70s who was heavily into Megos, these are fantastic! I know they are not for everyone, whether it is the style or the fact they are repros, but I think, sculpt-wise and outfits, FTC has done a good job with them. I just ordered the final two I needed to complete Wave 1 & 2 (Penguin and Riddler) and once they come, I need to figure out some way to display them. Out of the package :P which I will keep for later storage. The biggest complaints I have so far is the price ($25 each is about $5 more than I'd like to pay) and I know they are supposed to be Mego Repros, but it is okay to improve upon things. Eliminating the rubber bands and going with an improved innards would have been nice for so many reasons.

I will miss DCUC, but these DC ReMegos and Total Heroes are doing a nice job of filling what I though was going to be a DC void for me.
TRDouble
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Retro aka ReMego Figures by Figures Toy Company

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:20 pm

They're nice, just not for me. I don't need to start any new lines. Nice to see you posting here!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:39 pm

I'm actually putting serious consideration into the ReMEGO stuff. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:09 pm

I'm most definitely getting these. I've been a long time collector of these retro style figures. They are a little up there in price, but for limited specialty items, I can live with it sometimes.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby TRDouble » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:31 am

Mego Museum has factory pictures of the Batman 1966 Wave One figures HERE.
TRDouble
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Skullmaster » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:24 am

Thanks for the link, TRD!!! Bookmarked!!
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Return to Miscellaneous DC Related Collectibles