Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Trades concerning mattycollector -- everyone please read

List what you have for sale and trade and your personal want lists.

Trades concerning mattycollector -- everyone please read

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:45 am

Ok, a few of us have some suspicions about a recent user on the mattyforums that they may be scammer Matt Mason. I've no actual proof because this person hasn't actually ripped anyone off yet. It's mostly due to personal trade discussions a couple people have had with this user and a bit of a gut feeling that something is off. Even on this site I don't want to openly use this persons name because there is a chance we could be wrong. But since I can't publicly accuse that person over there, and since the majority of us came here from the mattyforums, I just wanted to remind everyone to be careful when trading, especially with new people or folks with little to no feedback. If you have better feedback, unless you absolutely trust the person, I would never ship first. Even if someone has some feedback, be carefull, this Matt Mason character is known to make a few small trades to build confidence and some feedback before pulling off larger rip offs. So just be careful. If anyone is considering trades on the mattyforum with newer people, please feel free to PM me here or over there for more info. I wish I could say more, but without actual proof, I don't want to publicly falsely accuse anyone over there. And how can anyone get actual proof until something bad actually happens? So while I can't say anything publicly, I can at least share a warning here.

So be careful, especially if a deal sounds too good to be true. It probably is.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Trades concerning mattycollector -- everyone please read

Postby Webslinger » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:43 am

I agree with Packbacker...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby thetedness » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:02 pm

This guy just screwed my on ebay using the handle rionn. rionn. an older alias.
thetedness
Civilian
Civilian

Postby thetedness » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:04 pm

This guy just screwed my on ebay using the handle rionn. rionn. an older alias.Claimed he did not get it although i packed this just so they could get it before Christmas.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271710901401?ss ... 1561.l2649
thetedness
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Avalon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:10 am

Ouch that sucks guys. Sorry to hear that.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:56 pm

Glad the group here gives heads-ups on scammers like this. I've heard of this Matt Mason fellow on several other boards and he's been pulling scams and rip-off on other collectors for years now.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade Lists