Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

New Captain America Legends

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: New Captain America Legends

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:57 pm

I found Blue Cap, WS and the elusive Widow last week!!! She's still in her package and WS is "meh" with Blue Cap a pretty good sculpt overall with an extra set of hands and a helmet less head too!

Very surprised I found Widow at all, with her being a 1 per case, but the Toy Gods were smiling on me that day
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Nice. I've yet to find her. I've seen the others, bought Cap, passed on WS. Definitely want Widow though.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Yeah I was shocked she was there! Even though I haven't opened her box (phrasing! BOOM, nailed it!!) yet, she looks like a very well-made and solidly sculpted figure.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Barbecue17 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:18 am

So, my closest Target sold out of the Cap Legends they had and just replaced the section for these more Marvel Mashers. I don't think I'll be seeing any of the new figures there anytimesoon.
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Ah, that sucks man...hopefully it was just a red shirt filling the pegs.

Was the peg label changed?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Ken Davis » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:08 am

Resurrecting this thread because........well, I found a Black Widow from this series tonite.
A national chain up here in Canada called London Drugs is a pharmacy-come-supermarket. The only thing it doesn't carry is meats and produce--t's got everything else from electronics to hardware, and sundries.

And toys. And usually it's left-overs mixed with some current stuff. They have all the Walking Dead "Lego" sets from McFarlane, and tonite........they had a couple of Captain America legends. First Black Widow I've seen the the wild---and a Winter Soldier who is common enough. Natasha was $25, and I paid that for her and she came home with me.

Okay, that sounds REALLY awful it it's all innocent. Honest.

Once I got her home though, I realized that there was something else in the offing for me.
The BAF parts for the Mandroid were there, and it took me about an hour to dimly grasp that.........I......had........OTHER.....BAF parts for this figure in a box close by. I thought I had the arms and maybe a leg.

I did a quick check and nope. Uh-uh.
Oh, I had THOSE parts.............but I also had ALL the other parts to complete this figure too. I hadn't even thought about this set before or completely the BAF until I stumbled upon it tonite--so I ended up with an even better deal. Black Widow AND a SHIELD Mandroid.
I think I might have put the BAF parts I had out on offer to someone else......they've not gone out yet because I don't think a deal was ever reached........but......I now need to renege on any offer. I'll be keeping this big guy. I'm sorry.

Natasha though , as reported had no weapons, and I gambled that I might have parts to accommodate here. My GIJOE parts tubs have a baggie full of hand guns, and I found some that resemble the short-barrel auto-pistols that she has. These are a hair over-sized at 1/18th scale, but they fit her PERFECTLY, and they look scale for her. Even had an extra for Maria Hill.

So fortunate happenstance and I got Natasha Romanoff to come home with me, build a big robot suit and gave her some nice guns. All on a Friday night.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:03 am

Grats Ken, glad that you were able to score her and build the Mandroid!!! You should check out my customs thread, I mdified a few Mandroids there with everything from double gattling guns to a version of Frankenstein from SHIELDS Howling Commandos to a updated version of Roboto. Let me know what you think. and again grats on that figure she is a really nice one to get and it took me awhile to get her to come home with me too ( I had to buy her drinks all night). :spwink: :splol:
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Ken Davis » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:13 am

Inspiring work! I rather like what you did with Roboto, and the quad gatlings is a logical and natural variation--all well done!

I've got a spare gatling gun arm, and thought about adding the dual guns to the left arm, but unless it's a straight pop & plug I'm gonna hold off. I thought initially that the Mandroid was going to look too much like the Iron Monger--before I go this thing---but now that it's completed and in hand, it doesn't feel like it much at all. I guess that SHIELD reverse engineered the War Machine tech a bit, and the remnants of Stane's Iron Monger armour--and that works for me.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Cool, Ken. It's always nice when you find something you really need somewhere unexpected.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion