Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Batman, EXP and Shadowtek

Topics include figures inspired by Batman the Animated Series, the Justice League Unlimited figure series by Mattel, the Young Justice action figure series, Beware the Batman and much more!

The Batman, EXP and Shadowtek

Postby amos brearly » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:11 pm

with the demise of dcie, it has given me an opportunity to go back and look at a line that always caught my eye. i really love the animated series, the batman, and in particular the design of the various characters. i have recently won a couple of 3 packs on ebay and bought the EXP batmobile from amazon.

does anybody have any experience with this line? any tips or must have figures? or pictures of their collections?

thanks in advance

Amos
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: The Batman, EXP and Shadowtek

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:37 am

These were cool figures that really caught the animated style of the show. I have Shadowtek Batman, Superman and the Flash from the final season of the series...I still need J'onn, Hawkman and big-headed Robin and Batgirl

For me, like the Brave and the Bold show, didn't care for some of the animation (Joker specifically) but then grew to appreciate it as the stories vastly improved.

Weird how that show lasted 5 seasons and we barely got 2 seasons of Young Justice...DC/WB are complete morons and I'm scared for the MoS sequel...but that's another topic
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Anarky » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:55 pm

The batman figures were nice. I thought the design was bold, if a tad silly but it was a show that had its moments such as an update of Harley and a nice line. I have some of the villains. Overall, I like BATB more but I was whelmed by the line.
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:15 am

Loved this line. There was such a great sampling of villains, and they even did the Justice League (except for Green Arrow, sadly). I'm still missing the Batgirl with the Barbara Gordon head. Have to pick that one up some time.

Also, keep an eye out for Mr. Freeze, Scarface and Clayface variants. There are three Clayfaces, one with Ethan Bennet's face, one transforming into him, and one standard (the only one I have at the moment). Mr Freeze had a regular and slightly melted head, and the Scarface variant came with a different puppet.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Anarky » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:45 am

Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Rex Mason » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Nope. Just Scarface and Mr. Snoots. Here's an image of the set:

THEBATMANarkham6packsnoots.jpg
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Strathaar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Hal Jordan, Martian Manhunter and Flash are in my possession.
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby amos brearly » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:35 pm

^thanks for the info rex!

so far i have a couple of versions of batman, the ventriloquist with sf, clayface, ivy and freeze. i also have the EXP batmobile. i definitely will be picking up more, they really capture the terrific animation from the cartoon.

does anybody have the batcave?
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:33 pm

Yep. Got the Batcave. Pretty cool, as it's so tall. But if you don't display it against a wall, it'll fall right over. Even against a wall it's hard to display figures on it as it's not that sturdy.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Return to DC Animated Universe Figure Lines