Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Oversized Doomsday Tooling Speculation Thread

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Oversized Doomsday Tooling Speculation Thread

Postby Havok1891 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:09 pm

O.G.Trilogy wrote:Very cool idea and perfectly executed! For me personally they are both entirely too large to be comics accurate, but they are really amazing looking and I can't say I wouldn't pick up one if they became available for sale.

Why couldn't they make these to order like Castle Greyskull? Why not offer it as an internet exclusive on a site like Amazon? They could sell them through Diamond to comic shops and specialty stores or at the very least they could sell them as a website exclusive on mattycollector.com I just don't understand why we have to choose between a crappy Subscription or Nothing at all. :smhuh:

Despite what Guru says, I am hoping to see some news next SDCC with some sort of 6 figure sub or something.

I really hate this Total Heroes thing. It just comes off as a way of sweeping our interests under the rug or something. They got our money, now they want to move into something else (and possibly dip into some of our wallets some more for characters we already have).

Yeah yeah, I know, if it doesn't sell it doesn't sell and it's time for something new . . . but it does concern me.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:58 pm

For a first appearance Doomsday he is too large, but over the years they started to draw him bigger. So Unleashed Doomsday this size is perfectly fine with me, but I would have preferred CS Doomsday the size of Etrigan :smgrin:

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Hey olds. I remember that scene. Part of the only reason I was kind of okay getting another Doomsday because I have two of the Superman sized Doomsdays that I was going to use as his minions.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tango X » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Good work. Thanks for doing this. So I guess this means they need to tool a mold for 7 more pieces... unless they're also retooling the whole upper chest bit with all those spiky bits attached but thats not too bright if you ask me. :batlol:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Got my Doomsdays in the mail today and now that I have them in hand, I realized I made a little boo boo. It turns out that the shin piece is actually two parts and it separates at the top of the boot which increases the number of shared parts. I've since updated the images. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel