Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Starro vs. The JLA!

Mattel got its feet wet in the 3.75" market with Infinite Heroes initially with figures inspired by the Crisis on Infinite Earths cross-over, later adding figures from Public Enemies, modern Teen Titans and more. Fast forward to 2013, they're going to try their hand at 3.75" again. This time promising a much higher quality product in the DC Multiverse Toyline!

Starro vs. The JLA!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:51 am

Well, a few years I got the regular edition of Starro the Conqueror vs. The Justice League of America on/from MattyCollector.com, it was truly a must have for Me! Here is some pics, enjoy :)

Starro the Conqueror

Aquaman

Hal Jordan the Green Lantern

Martian Manhunter

The Flash

Wonder Woman

Group Shot!

Thanks for looking :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Starro vs. The JLA!

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Yeah, I thought this was a really great set but I wish they put it out earlier because it was the only way to get Aquaman, a long awaited figure and integral part of the DC Universe and Justice League in general.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OneNineSix » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:03 pm

I've got this set. I thought the bendy Starro was a very cool idea. He displays nicely, if a bit out of scale, with my six inch figures as well. I love latching the spores on the faces of unsuspecting JLAers.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Nice pics Brandon...I still haven't picked up the set, but I did snag Starro off eBay shortly after it was released. And although he is a tad small for the 6" figs, I stuck mine in the corner (nobody puts Starro in the corner).

Of course, I'm still trying to find the spores...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Illiasc » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:05 am

Oh man, that is great. Nice photos! I'm afraid if I got a hold of a bendy Starro I'd be snapping all sorts of fighting sequence shots with it and the League. I think Hal especially looks great in this set.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:00 am

Thanks so much to all of you guys :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Tango X » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:20 pm

This was a pretty cool set. I didn't take mine out of the box because I liked the way it was set up and it was neat that they got Kevin Conroy to do a narrative. Is that actually a reuse of the 6" Aquaman head scaled down because it looks pretty good for the scale!!
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:26 am

Tango X wrote:This was a pretty cool set. I didn't take mine out of the box because I liked the way it was set up and it was neat that they got Kevin Conroy to do a narrative. Is that actually a reuse of the 6" Aquaman head scaled down because it looks pretty good for the scale!!

Indeed it is but I cannot confirm about the head.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to DC Universe 3.75" Scale Lines from Mattel