Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

SDCC 2014 Winners

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

SDCC 2014 Winners

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:13 pm

Now that another successful SDCC is in the books, what was the big item that really got your heart racing this year? It can be from any genre/toy or comic company/movie/games, etc.

For me, it was the Mezco announcement with their new DC 6" clothed-figure line. I am all over this like white-on-rice-with-glass-of-milk-on-a-paper-plate-in-a-snowstorm!

Anyone else care to share?
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: SCCC 2014 Winners

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:24 pm

I don't really collect too many lines but for me it was seeing the '66 Batgirl. I'd really given up on Mattel actually making her. Kind of stinks she's in a three pack but damn I'm still sold.

And BAF Odin!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: SDCC 2014 Winners

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:07 pm

There was no one huge thing for me this year. A lot of smaller items I'm excited about - the multiple PoP reveals were the biggest for me. Ninjor is great. I don't know if it was shown at SDCC, but Bandai revealed a Figurarts Luigi to go with their Mario and another diorama set (with a Piranha Plant!).

Really, the most exciting thing lately has been Boss Fight Studio. I can't wait to see what else they come up with.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:58 pm

TMNT Classics Kraang and Shredder!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:27 pm

I'm going to have to second those crazy clothed DC figures. They look amazing.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:34 pm

Yeah, if I had more of an attachment to DKR or Judge Dredd, those would be at the top of my want list (and I'm sure Dredd's gonna be a great figure, sight unseen). I'm waiting on the Universal Monsters ones, I'll probably pick up at least a Bride of Frankenstein. And if they continue the rugged 70s/80s comics theme and make Lady Snowblood, or Ogami and Daigoro from Lone Wolf & Cub...
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:07 am

Wha? Krang and Shredder were shown/confirmed??
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Return to Special Events