Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Scream Factory

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Scream Factory

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:33 am

I'm sure there's enough horror and DVD/Blu-Ray fans here to make this an ongoing topic. The word is that Scream Factory's going to have a panel at SDCC where they'll be announcing 10 new releases. Thoughts? Speculation?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Scream Factory

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:05 pm

And the news is in! The ten new Scream Factory releases are...
Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh
The Dark Half
Dolls
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK
Invaders from Mars (1986)
MAD MAX
Monkey Shines
New Year's Evil
Phantom of the Opera (1989; the Robert Englund one)
Scarecrows

Hell of a lineup. Aside from the obvious (Escape from NY and Mad Max), I'm really excited about Scarecrows, which is an overlooked little film. And my gf loves Dolls.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:18 am

Man, been real out of the loop for Shout Factory releases. That's a pretty balanced line up. Still hoping for some lighter fare like This Island Earth to get a legit release. The Dark Half is an unexpected choice that I'm pretty thrilled with for nostalgic reasons but also because I feel it's a highly underrated film. :batgrin:
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:33 pm

Yeah, I think Shout! does work with Universal a bit. I'd LOVE if they did a Blu-Ray of This Island Earth.

Haven't seen The Dark Half yet, but I try to watch everything Scream puts out. Their Blu-Ray of an underrated favorite of mine, Legend of Hell House, is out next Tuesday. But the big release for me is September 9th, when their Collector's Edition of PUMPKINHEAD comes out! One of the best horror films of the 80s, easily.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:14 am

Pumpkinhead! Awesome. Lance Hendrickson is amazing in that flick as crazy Ed. The Dark Half is a movie I highly recommend. Not only does it feature Timothy Hutton and Michael Rooker, two actors who have never disappointed in their particular rules on any movie, but I'd even say it's one of Romero's more skillfully/thoughtfully put together films. :batshock:

It definitely ranks up there as one of my faves. Have not seen the Legend of Hell House. It looks pretty creepy and I've enjoyed most things with Roddy in 'em. :bookworm:
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:15 am

Rooker's in it? Huh, I didn't know that. I really need to see that.

Should've posted this earlier: Scream Factory's full release list. It's amazing just how much they've released in two years.

In other DVD news, Vinegar Syndrome is releasing a Blu-Ray of the mighty RAW FORCE in October! I can't wait for this one. The stills look really crystalline. I'm unused to that film actually looking good. I don't even know if it SHOULD look that good.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to General Discussions