Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Is Unleashed Doomsday coming now?

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Is Unleashed Doomsday coming now?

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Reported on Action Figure Insider earlier today:

"Celebrating the official end of the Four Horsemen 6″ DC Universe line, Mattel is excited to partner with Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring you the long-in-coming “Unleashed” Doomsday figure! He will be available this winter in an amazing window box diorama as a standalone day-of purchase! Images and full details to come, but we couldn’t wait to share this news with our fans! This final figure will celebrate the end of a fantastic toy line."

Looks like this is actually happening...line starts here
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:52 pm

I'll be in line for one as well :goldsupes:

It's great that they finally came clean and admitted that they are indeed making this figure.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Avalon » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:25 am

Woo...hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! YES!!! :batgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby tonyrome » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:01 pm

I feel really bad about Mattel's business tactics, lies on top of lies. Scott has said before it takes them around a year from beginning to end for a figure to be done. So this means the figure went into production last year :( . They basically held Unleashed Doomsday prisoner until they made sure the suit one was sold out. Both figures should have been sold as a set to save us on shipping just another one of Mattel's selfish practices. I truthfully believe Mattel was going to end the line anyway, they just wanted to finish what was left on there work bench.

I don't blame Scott for all the deception as he's just a piss on at Mattel. Pretty simple if you like working here do what we tell you or find another job. If it was me I would probably do the same thing he has done. Just imagine all the unproduced/unreleased figures he has in his collection.

Now I'm happy about Doomsday, Superboy, Damian and will buy all of these. I'm on the fence about the Super powers stuff and am having trouble justifying spending that kind of money on repaints plus I have the DC Direct version of Mxy which really fits in great with my Dcu's
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Doomsday with Shredded Cape Accessory!

Postby Tango X » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:11 pm

Looks like he's coming with a shredded cape accessory!

"When he arrives later this fall, Doomsday will appear as he did in the best-selling DC comic of all time, Superman #75, where this menace from the stars killed the Man of Steel. This fully articulated figure stands 9” tall and in scale to the 6” tall Superman™ figure. He includes the shredded cape of Superman™, which is removable, and arrives in huge window box packaging celebrating the completion of the 6” DCU Signature Series line."

BHG81_002_newsPage.jpg
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Sure, THAT they can put the 'S' on, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Skullmaster » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:07 pm

lol still a cool figure tho.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby HectorHall » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:14 pm

If nothing else this puts to rest the debate on Scott's "honesty". Yes, they planned to release all along. Yes, they withheld the information to push the sales on gimp suit Doomsday. As Tony stated above, I don't blame Scott for the deception, they were business decisions designed to get the best sales results. I do hope all the "informed" Mattel apologists enjoy eating their crow. I would give them some ketchup if it will help.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:37 pm

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHhhHahaha!!!!!! "Gimp Suit Doomsday"...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:39 pm

hahahaa.....whoo!

Anyways, I hope this helps the rest of the Matty collectors out there that Mattel has very shady business practices and we should abandon that sinking ship now...seeing as how they're now in 3rd place in the toy industry; not surprised if this is how they work with their consumers...

I wouldn't piss on Scott and his ilk if they were on fire...if just get more gas
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel