Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Happy Birthday to Us!!!

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Happy Birthday to Us!!!

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:33 am

That's right!!! Every legend has a beginning...

Ours is basically that it's now been one year since I threw this thing together, dumped it online and then tried to sucker all you guys into using it!

I want to thank everyone for contributing to this forum and our little community! All the talented customizers, the moderators, the artists and the jokesters, the chatters and the newsies. Some people have come and some have gone and some have taken a long break from posting, but it's all of you guys who have helped create this and keep this place going.

Since we started this forum, I've had the opportunity to get to know some of the most talented, friendly, hilarious and nicest folk I've ever met. I've learned a ton about customizing, art, the comic and entertainment industry, etc. I'm extremely grateful to you all. As long as there's at least one person posting on this forum, I will probably never shut this place down. Congratulations, we've officially survived Year One! :smwink:

-Acid
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Happy Birthday to Us!!!

Postby Avalon » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:50 am

Nice! Yay us! Also wow. One year now! Time flies. Don't really use a lot of forums much these days but I pretty much try to pop on here at least once a day to see what all you guys are up to. It really is true what ypou say this forum has some of the nicest people I've met. I just wish I was a little more talented so I could contribute more to the custom section than just my praise and comments but I hope to at least get my feet wet with that soon. It's been pretty inspirational especially with the work in print stuff I got to see. I have actually done some minor mods on a few figs but none of the epic stuff I've seen on here.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:25 am

CONGRATS :!: Yes, I give you HUGE Birthday praise :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Illiasc » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:20 am

Congratulations and yes, a great big Happy Birthday!! I've not even been here a week yet, however am in full agreement as to all the talented and amazingly nice people around here! :wwgrin:
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:54 pm

I wanted to wish a Happy Birthday to the DCTR forums, and to thank AcidDragon for inviting me here. It's been my pleasure chatting with all the other DC fans on here. I've also enjoyed sharing my custom work and viewing others customs and taking inspiration their work as well :smgrin:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby HectorHall » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:29 pm

Happy Birthday DCTR! Great chance to thank everyone on this site for their support and friendship. This is the site that feels like home to me. Thanks for inviting me in, I promise to clean up after myself.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:07 pm

Well done! I haven't had a chance to get to know most of you yet but it's been a real treat to see all the cool stuff you get up to on here. Thanks for having me and best of luck with year two!
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Skullmaster » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:55 pm

Congrats everyone. I've really enjoyed my time here. Happy birthday. And many more! :bsgrin:
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Skullmaster » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Oh and nice touch with first appearance Batman with the cake. :batwink:
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Whoo! I haven't been back to the Matty boards since this opened up. I think we made the right choice. There's a lot of great people on here and it's nice to have a place for relatively sane, reasonable collectors to gather.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Special Events