Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel DCUC Super Powers Collection

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Mattel DCUC Super Powers Collection

Postby Tango X » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:19 pm

Here's some PixelDan reviews for the rest of the Mattel DCUC Super Powers Collection. I know that a lot of people pretty underwhelmed about these guys but I'm actually somewhat excited. I just wish they aren't so expensive but I'm a diehard so I'll probably get all of them. :smlol:

Tango X
Hero
Hero

Re: Mattel DCUC Super Powers Collection

Postby OneNineSix » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:56 pm

Out of all these offerings, the hideous Riddler figure is the one I feel most opposed to shelling out money for.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:18 pm

The only real reason I'd get them is because of the card art...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Illiasc » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:19 pm

I dunno, I'm honestly pretty excited. At the least, their Superman to me is worth it for that traditional blue. I know they were meaning to re-create the old Riddler in every way from Kenner, but, yeah I'm gonna also say it's just not my cup of tea. If I want a re-painted Hal Jordan I could attempt to re-paint Hal Jordan for less of a cost.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:29 am

Looks like the first batch is up for sale in September. 90 knuckle bones plus shipping. Eep.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:40 am

Illiasc wrote:I dunno, I'm honestly pretty excited. At the least, their Superman to me is worth it for that traditional blue. I know they were meaning to re-create the old Riddler in every way from Kenner, but, yeah I'm gonna also say it's just not my cup of tea. If I want a re-painted Hal Jordan I could attempt to re-paint Hal Jordan for less of a cost.

But couldn't you also just repaint a Superman?
I could've been swayed to buy these at $20 a piece, but after Mattel's amazingly slow, high-priced shipping, these just aren't worth it to me.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:02 pm

A can of light blue spray paint and some masking tape will probably save you about $25. :batlol: I'm probably going to buy these, though. I'm a sucker for these illustrated card backs.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Illiasc » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Good point on the spray painting! I think I'd have more allure to these in general if I were around to fall in love with Kenner's collection, I'll admit. I still do love that Superman and even the classic bright blue Batman, but yeah, the price is pretty steep.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:15 am

I have decided not to get them, 90 bucks for Super Man, Batman and Wonder Woman is just to high, I just can't afford it.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Skullmaster » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:39 pm

I can't afford these either... I like the bright colors of these but just out of my price range. I wish they made this Superman the first time because the color is way more accurate to me than the super dark blue they used on the 2 or 3 Superman figs I already gave Mattel my money for.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel