Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Infinite Heroes

Mattel got its feet wet in the 3.75" market with Infinite Heroes initially with figures inspired by the Crisis on Infinite Earths cross-over, later adding figures from Public Enemies, modern Teen Titans and more. Fast forward to 2013, they're going to try their hand at 3.75" again. This time promising a much higher quality product in the DC Multiverse Toyline!

Re: DC Infinite Heroes

Postby HectorHall » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:18 am

My son started collecting and customizing the Green Lantern movie line that was at the same scale, with even less articulation. I was happily focused on the 6 inch scale, but I started seeing clearanced figures from the infinite hero line. So I picked those up. I found a couple of the three packs intriguing......and I think I wound up with about thirty of the little guys. Then my son decided he needed Guy Gardner over with his collection. (He has his own section of the basement.) I said okay (which is weird, daddy says its okay to play with the figures, but he never lets them keep them) Then he was emboldened.."hey Dad, can I have Captain Marvel to make a custom?" Sure. It was at that point that I realized I had no connection to this line at all. He did let me keep most of them, He's a good kid like that.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Avalon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:50 am

I still have a lot of these. Had an incident with Guy's hand myself. I might may a little diorama with them or something. Not sure, tho.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Illiasc » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:09 pm

Late to the party and new to these. . . I have to say, so far in my growing collection of them, I don't really think they suck. Yeah sure some of them have very poor articulation (the females especially, gotta really feel bad for them and their extremely limited arm movement) but otherwise, considering they're only 3.75" they're pretty nice, from what I've known so far. I'm, to be honest, building up a collection of the Infinite Heroes dudes and fingers crossed, won't end up with issues like unintentional dismemberment. :joklol:

As for the sculpting on females, I only have Wonder Woman so far (expecting more gals on the way) and am actually pretty impressed with her sculpting job.

Paint job too. For that little face, they did a darn good job of not messing up the lines. And yeah, sure, her articulation is pretty poor but I still think that Infinite Heroes in general did a spectacular job at offering a wide diversity of characters that not even the 6" DCUC figures offer. (I wish they did!)

Also, even though Wonder Woman, Black Canary, etc are lacking - The later figures were definitely not lacking. I'm actually socked, for their size, what some of them can do. Booster Gold her has knees that swivel along with all the other standard good movements (shoulders that move and spread, wrists rotate, feet mode, body moves both at chest and at waist, etc)

Anyway, before I carry on too much blabber about my opinion in articulation, I think there needs to be more photos of Infinite Heroes figures, so, here's the OMAC Attack set. :smlol: To me, Lord Maxwell looks kind of innocent in the face but otherwise has a nice body. Legs are lacking in the movement department but I'm not really complaining. Superman for me has red eyes and huge hulk hands and that's all I could possibly gripe about, no serious biggie though. Infinite Heroes has other Superman variants I want to get my hands on that were vastly improved. I just can't get over Booster Gold though. And he's not the only one who's, in my opinion, pretty amazing for a tiny figure. There's plenty more, I just don't have photos of them yet, haha!

Also, Lord Maxwell for context / reference.

He looks like he never did anything wrong. Just look at those eyes.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm glad you're happy with them! I have a pretty large collection of these myself. I have lots of the rare ones and have my collection up for sale/trade in the BST. Hasbro's Marvel Universe line which is also a 3 to 4 inch line is where more of my money ended up going. The sculpting and articulation is just superior IMO and I've never had a MU break on me. That being said, I still have some good memories of these little guys.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Illiasc » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:33 pm

I'm glad to hear, despite breakage, that you enjoyed them! I'm still building up my collection despite the fact that yeah, not all of them have the best articulation. I do love their diversity though. I wish there was at least a 6" version of the Trickster, that would be fun. The nice thing is that some of them have duplicates (multiple Supes, Flash, etc) of which are better than their alternatives, so there's choice and upgrading with articulation. I plan to customize some of them, too. They're small, yeah, but I think I'm fairly used to small things and am up for the challenge. Plus, there's a few characters who are just ripe for use as customization bases due to clothing and body types that are pretty basic.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:58 am

Illiasc, your figures are great :!: Your Wonder Woman looks beautiful for the scale that she is :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to DC Universe 3.75" Scale Lines from Mattel