Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Favorite Star Wars Creatures Thread

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

Favorite Star Wars Creatures Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:49 am

My favorite creatures from the Star Wars universe! What are some of yours?

The Wampa

The Space Slug

The Dewback

The Dragonsnake

The Fambaa

The Sando aqua monster

The Reek, Acklay, and Nexus

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Favorite Star Wars Creatures Thread

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:33 am

Cool thread. Mine's probably the Rancor. Favourite creature and one of my favourite scenes in the movies. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beastovjudgement » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:49 pm

I second the Rancor nomination. That was a great monster design, and my favorite of the series. Wampa gets the runner-up spot.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Yeah guys, The Rancor was a great creature indeed.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:31 pm

I have always loved The Blurrg!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:18 am

I also really loved :

The Boar Wolf!

The Gorax

The Condor Dragon

The Boga

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Caleb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:34 pm

God, I really love the look of the Boga, but that thing was so irritating. "SQUAWWWWWWWK! SQUAWWWWWWWWWK!" Okay, George, we get it, you like to annoy people.

My personal fave is the Rancor - mainly because it used to scare the absolute crap out of me when I was a kid. Such a cool creature design, though. It's just as ugly as you'd want it to be. Poor, poor Oola.

Honorable mention would probably go to the Ronto and those li'l Womp-Rat thingies that were hopping around Mos Eisley in the special addition. The Ronto's a pretty cool design, although it's just silly as hell for the Jawas to be riding around on that thing. How do they even board one?!

And mynocks. Seriously, these things look awesome.

Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby loolar » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:12 pm

What about the trash compactor monster? Or the Sarlaac Pit?
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Illiasc » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:34 pm

Going to have to seriously agree with the Boga (that was the peak of the whole movie for me, the entry scene for it gave me goosebumps of excitement in the theaters.) however one not listed here that I really loved, short lived as its appearance was and in a vastly unliked film, was the Colo Claw Fish.

I'll always love beasts of the movies before the reboot with The Phantom Menace, but I can't help to admit that there were some pretty amazing creatures in the newer films.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:43 am

Illiasc wrote:Going to have to seriously agree with the Boga (that was the peak of the whole movie for me, the entry scene for it gave me goosebumps of excitement in the theaters.) however one not listed here that I really loved, short lived as its appearance was and in a vastly unliked film, was the Colo Claw Fish.

I'll always love beasts of the movies before the reboot with The Phantom Menace, but I can't help to admit that there were some pretty amazing creatures in the newer films.

Great choice, it was indeed a great monster and yes the new trilogy did have some great creatures!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to Star Wars