Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:45 am

I was surprised that we didn't have a thread for this short lived great series, so I thought I would start one :sbgrin: :tdrobgrin: :bbgrin:

The secondary reason for starting this thread was over the weekend I was watching "Scooby Doo: Wrestlemania Mystery" with my youngest nephew, and to my surprise there was a Young Justice Easter Egg in the movie you can see Wondergirl, Artemis, Zatanna, and Miss Martian watching Wrestlemania on the TV. None of their voice actors reprized their roles given this was just a small cameo. But it was a fun little treat for Young Justice fans.

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Young Justice: The Animated Series

Postby Illiasc » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Count me in as also surprised on the absence prior of one! Embarrassingly I've only seen about seven episodes of this show (last I recall was the Dr. Fate ep, I know I know, behind everyone else) but so far love it. I doubt that opinion will change either, as I've not heard of anyone not liking this show. So, I certainly look forward to seeing discussion on it! Also, nice cameo you spotted! And. . . There's a Wrestlemania themed Scooby Doo? (no intention of hijacking based on that question, just, that I did not know, heh!)

Excuse me for a quick moment while I go catch up. . . :adamlol:
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Young Justice is so much awesome... can any thread truly contain it? We will try! :wwgrin:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:38 pm

P.S. Nice catch on the cameo. Now I definitely need to see that movie just to see it however brief it may be! :wwgrin:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Oh wow! Now I've gotta watch this movie, too!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:41 pm

This could easily be one of my favourite TV series of all time and that includes all kinds of TV.

The quality of animation, character designs, engaging dramatic storyline, soundtrack and acting made this series a real joy to watch. :wwgrin:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:41 pm

I'm still torn up that they ended the series where they did!!
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:51 pm

Sadly that seems to be what happens to most DC Animated shows. Green Lantern only lasted one season, too. I'm glad JL at least got JL:U. That was a nicely long run.

So, this may seem a cliche question but I'm genuinely curious to know - Favorite or much loved episodes, anyone? What are some that come to mind and why? Being not done with the series yet, I can't fairly say my faves, but don't be too shy about possible spoilers in discussion. Chances are this thread will motivate me to marathon to the finish line tonight, hah!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:15 pm

Fave episodes are Image. It was funny seeing where Miss Martian got the Megan persona from, the origin of that sitcom and how they tied it to Beastboy. I love Miss Martian. She's my favorite character of the entire series and this episode gave her character a much greater level of depth.

Another one would be Misplaced. This one actually reminds me of the Justice League Unlimited Kid Stuff episode where Mordred moved all the adults into another dimension. How it differs is that Klarion the Witchboy, with the help of other evil mystics, creates two separate realities where adults exist in one and children exist in the other. Lots of cameos and Billy Batson/Captain Marvel plays a huge role in this one. There's plenty more but I'll let others have a chance, too. :smwink:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skullmaster » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:06 pm

Really love this series and it was really disappointing when it got cancelled. I hope that this is a show that they would consider reviving later on but I doubt it. It was a really bad spot where they ended it. My favorite episode was the one where Lobo comes to Earth and shows everyone why he's the main man.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Next

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies