Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The DC Superpowers General Discussion Thread

In 1984, Kenner produced some of the most popular DC figures, ever! With a huge roster, each character was equipped with an action feature and provided hours of fun! Relive your childhood and discuss this cool line here.

Re: The DC Superpowers General Discussion Thread

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Illiasc wrote:Yeah that does suck, it's pretty sweet looking. But congrats, that's a(n awesome) lot!

Thanks buddy
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:52 pm

idiot - IS

To be honest - I've never, ever seen these lunch boxes from the DC Super Powers Collection - those are cool pictures here ...

http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/dc-super-powers-collection-from-kenner/the-dc-superpowers-general-discussion-thread-t358-10.html

Or, Page 2 ... :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Thanks Doc...those were part of the kids lunch from Burger King, when they came with the food, figure cup and all that on the box.

Just had to snag them since I haven't seen them since I was a kid
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

The DC Superpowers General Discussion Thread

Postby AlexmenMn » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:26 am

for me, just a night in and match of the day. That is of course after x factor, how about you?
Antibiotic treatment for chlamydia http://helpyouantibiotic.top
AlexmenMn
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:04 am

Often I think about the DC Superpowers line. I remember way back in the 80s at a local store called Ben Franklin's (they were a great one as they had tons of great toys...went out of business years and years ago) and I saw the DC SPs in their special section and I WASN'T wanting them! I was a foolish kid let Me tell ya :roll: I kinda made up for it however when I got some of the ToyBiz "bootleg" DC/Batman 89 cross-over figure series (got them at the out of business K-Mart). I loved the Kenner Batman 89 & Batman Returns series as well (got them at the out of business Venture).

So with all of that being said I still regret not getting the DC SP as well as other Kenner DC figures after Batman 92.

I think the DC Superpowers artwork was and still is the best of all ever seen even to now IMO and of course they are My faves to this day!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:50 pm

There are so many awesome brands from the Golden Age of Action Figures (80’s naturally) but I wholeheartedly agree that the Super Powers line was in a League by itself.

The vibrant colors on the cards/boxes, the vehicles and play sets, the comic books, board game, Burger King boxes with cups and of course the toys!

I always looked at the Mattel Secret Wars as being the cheapest toy out there (though I respect it now way more than I did then) it still doesn’t hold a candle to Super Powers.

Man I miss those toys in the stores
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:58 pm

I loved both lines, but the SP action features made them much more fun than toys that came with dumb shields that you wound up losing the inserts for eventually. Though Tower of Doom was one of the best playsets of the decade.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:54 am

Cool stuff Idiot and really good pics :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to DC Super Powers Collection from Kenner