Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Beware the Batman Cancelled??

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Beware the Batman Cancelled??

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:20 am

The show did have some good story elements to it like putting the Batman: Earth One version of the gun-toting Alfred in it, but I prefer the more wise, father/physician Alfred over that one; the shows Alfred was too much of a stretch/coincidence for me that he was ex-British Intelligence and not a war vet who knows a lot but also has seen too much, so he has that one watchful eye on Bruce.

Maybe the fact that some characters were a bit over the top, which is fine in comics; in animated/movie form they need to be a bit more believable...maybe this was a warm-up for the MoS sequel and their direction.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:27 pm

DC also just put out BEWARE THE BATMAN in comic form last week....strange they'd cancel the show when they just put out the tie-in comic
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:30 pm

That's bizarre. Maybe the comic is a cheaper way of wrapping it up? ie: Smallville Season 11? Seems too early for that, though. Maybe it was just planned ahead and bad timing. Bleh. I wish they'd be able to see a show through more than two seasons even if it does seem not that great initially.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Freddie: » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:09 pm

They cancelled Young Justice right after the skateboard McDonald's Happy Meal and Beware the Batman just had a Happy Meal promo last month.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Oh no. Not only are they killing our waistlines but our cartoons, also...
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Freddie: » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:33 pm

:batlol:
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:45 pm

I will admit I wasn't a fan of this show when it started, but after a while it really improved a lot. I ended up finishing up the first season this week. I have to say I really enjoying the series, and I would have liked to see another season to give the show a chance.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:32 pm

I was sad to see this show come to an early end. Just like a lot of people I didn't get into it at the beginning but I had a feeling it would grow on me and it did. I haven't seen all of them yet but I saw plenty of them enough to know that yeah, I probably could have gotten into this. Just another DC show that couldn't escape the chopping block. :batsad:
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Previous

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies