Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Postby Illiasc » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:54 pm

In light of discussions of old shows gone and past, I can't help but to bring up one that I don't think has been mentioned here before - Green Lantern: The Animated Series. Like a lot of DC shows, I only watched it after it actually aired, but I did love it. And, as one may agree, it's a serious shame how short it ran. Their approach on 3D design and animation was I guess I could say interesting (don't think I didn't like it though) and their addition of characters, far as I know, not in the comics (female guardians, Razer to name some) was actually a pretty entertaining idea. I got pretty addicted to it! I'm sure there are other GL:TAS fans out there, so I decided to start a topic. :halsmile:
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Re: Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Postby tonyrome » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:31 pm

I started watching this show after it was off the air. I'm not crazy about the animation but the characters and story line are really good. Any of you Green Lantern fans who have not checked out this show should definitely give it a go. I need a Razer and Aya for my collection..
Tonyrome
tonyrome
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 pm

The CG animation was kinda styled after Bruce Timm in my opinion. I liked the show but Cartoon Network just didn't give it a chance just like Young Justice... They cancelled those shows to give us "Beware the Batman" and Teen Titans Go!" Beware the Batman got cancelled but Teen Titan's Go! id still going strong? geez... What they should do is a CG animated version of the Justice League in the Bruce Timm style... now that would be awesome!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:48 pm

Agree with you 100%, Webslinger. I thought that Hal in particular looked like a 3D version of the Bruce Timm DC Animated Universe. I'd kill for a CG JL in Timm style, too. Man that show is still the standard to me on super hero team series.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:50 pm

That series for me, started out really rough and seemed not well thought out...then as they finally got their rings charged to full (not to mention avoiding the DC death squad), they really started to put out some nice stories...too bad DC caught up to them and cancelled the show
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Illiasc » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:03 pm

I gotta say, a Bruce Timm style 3D rendition of Justice League would be pretty awesome. Back to what Tonyrome was saying, it certainly also would be awesome to see some custom 6" Aya and Razer figures. On the show - among the episodes that come to mind, I must say, I think "Lost Planet" is my favorite. Both for its introduction of Saint Walker and Mogo, but also in that it was one of thew few episodes that did in fact have more to show off with the animation and design, what with the exploration of the planet and its environment. A lot of episodes seemed to, in my opinion, skimp a on background visuals. Homecoming was another favorite, and possibly again because of Mogo and Saint Walker's role in there. Plus, during the show's main plot of their battle with Atrocitus and the Red Lanterns it wasn't quite as depressing as what happened later in the series.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:01 pm

If Green Lantern Classics didn't get cancelled then the possibility of getting Aya and Razer figures might have been more likely.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies