Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Is Unleashed Doomsday coming now?

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Is Unleashed Doomsday coming now?

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:41 pm

Ok, maybe that was a little harsh...while they're burning I'll just save the toys!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Yes, save the toys!!! LOL
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:51 pm

I know Matty has been shoveling a lot of manure on our plates and I'm not happy with all the stuff that went down but I'm still pretty happy that we're getting this version of Doomsday either way. At the end of the day, it's the toys they put out that matter to me and they gave me the most extensive and well articulated DC toy collection I could ever hope for despite all their shady pooptalk.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Agreed. It's another figure, and it's a cool figure that I at least could look forward to, and it is in fact coming out, so that's where I'm happy. Also, the torn cape is a pretty sweet addition, I have to say.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Skullmaster » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:04 pm

I'm looking forward to everything except Hal Jordan in his homemade Riddler Halloween costume. :batwink:
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Illiasc » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Skullmaster: Couldn't agree more! :batlol:
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:36 pm

The cape looks kind of funny to me but it might look better in person. Still so happy this is coming out. Shame on them for the lies though.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:38 pm

So I have to wonder, and this might be foolish speculation because this has clearly been in the works for awhile, but does this mean that there's the potential for other occasional offerings? I mean, Gimpsday and the Super Powers Wave were supposed to be THE END, all-caps Century Gothic. Now this is THE END. I mean, maybe they just were far enough along in the process to make this one happen? I don't know.

That line about them "[partnering] with Warner Bros. and DC Comics" is really strange. I mean, they've had the toy license for years. Of course they're partnered with them. Maybe this is some kind of weird initiative to promote the brand/upcoming movie/foam Doomsday Smash Hands?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:25 pm

Wondering that myself, SWL. Also with the "haha lets all chuckle at the in-joke Super Powers Riddler", I wonder if that gives hope to an eventual release of Naked Cheetah for poor saps like me who missed out on her when she was still within affordable range.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:14 am

Seriously, wouldn't a more appropriate end to the line be a wave or pack with some of the missing figures? Naked Cheetah, all-gold Dr. Fate, modern Red Tornado...Maybe even a hard-to-find exclusive like Lightray thrown in, an easy retool like a Scarecrow based on the Wave 17 one, and a classic, light blue Superman to round it out.

Is there anyone who really wants Hal Jordler? Or gold Superman? If they really wanted an unmade Super Powers Superman, why not that boss one with the Kryptonite chains? It's cool that they're doing proper Super Powers versions of Supes, Wonder Woman, and Batman, but it seems like those would've been nice to anchor some DCUC waves when the line was still going. The line was already surprisingly sparse on SuperBat characters, thanks to many of them getting made in DCSH. Really could've used the star power when the line was at its peak, and taking chances on anchoring waves with Alan Scott and Mary Marvel.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel