Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:42 am

First please allow Me to commentate on one of My favorite subjects :)

Are you a big wrestling fan? If you are discuss all your fond memories and why you are the big wrestling fan you today!

Why I love it: It all began in the late 80s, as a youngster I just loved how big and tall those guys were and the way they acted and looked. I watched WWF and NWA/WCW. I loved Hulk Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Sting, Sid Viscous and many others, My Grandparents loved it especially My Grandpa. My Mom liked it sometime ago because she digged some of those guys. Hulk Hogan quickly became one of My childhood heroes along with Jesse Ventura. Wrestling was just fun and just plain cool! Wrestling figures was a must for Me even until recently.

A little commentary: I loved the 80s to begin with but the 80s wrestling was just so good. As the 90s came wrestling was really changing with the Monday Night Wars and of course the Attitude era. Loving the 80s so much it was kinda hard to grip the later 90s. After the demise of ECW & WCW I stopped watching it. Come to the late Summer of 2010 I started watching TNA Impact Wrestling then started watching WWE in the Summer of 2011. It was difficult to know and like new guys like John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, The Miz, Daniel Bryan but I was already used to guys like The Undertaker, Kane, HHH, Mark Henry, and The Big Show. Come now in 2012 I like the new guys a lot now and like many of the things that is currenty going on in WWE but sometimes I think back and miss the 80s, early and middle 90s and even the Attitude era. Wrestling is like Life, constantly evolving.

For You to Do: Are you kinda like Me and is old school and like the older wrestling stuff or also like Me and like it all? Do you currently watch WWE or TNA or both today? Tell Me who is your favorite wrestlers and why and what was your favorite matches and so on. Do you have dream matches that you wish had taken place but never did? Ask Me questions of who I like and so fourth, lay it all down on Me, I'd love and appreciate that ;)

Here is 15 moments of things I'm currently thinkin' about :)

The Event that got Me hooked on Wrestling!

Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior

Andre the Giant

The Times of Ric Flair

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:43 am

What I'm think' about continued ;)

Abdullah the Butcher and Terry Funk

Yokozuna

Kevin Nash

The Dungeon of Doom

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:43 am

ECW!

The nWo Takeover

Bill Goldberg

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:44 am

Chyna and Daffney Unger

The Shocking deaths of Owen Hart and "The Macho Man" Randy Savage :(

John Cena, Randy Orton and CM Punk

The Reunion of The Undertaker and Kane!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:44 am

I am a huge Corey Graves fan, I cannot wait till he makes it to the WWE from NXT, he would add so much to the current roster and bring a new and much needed level for entertainment!

I also love The Ascension!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:45 am

My favorite current WWE wrestlers:

The Wyatt Family

Dolph Ziggler

Antonio Cesaro

Wade Barrett

Kofi Kingston

Alberto Del Rio (No longer with WWE but I still really like him!)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:45 am

My favorite current WWE female wrestlers/Divas:

Rosa Mendes & Kaitlyn NOTE: Kaitlyn is no longer in WWE but gosh I loved her!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:46 am

Divas continued:

Tamina Snuka

Paige

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:46 am

NOTE: I am not advertising this, I just want you to be informed so you can relive your favorite matches :)

Are you familiar with the WWE Network? Surely you guys do if you watch WWE Monday Night Raw and Smackdown. Perhaps you are already signed up for the WWE Network depending on your location? Well, I know some of you guys here are in the UK so you are in luck because you can sign up on October 1st :!:

Here is a pic of the WWE Network!

Now, if any of you guys are on the fence about, please ask Me questions about it as I am a subscriber since it's launch date! i will answer you questions as best as I can :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:57 pm

So are you satisfied with the Network so far? I've been seriously considering a subscription. I already have subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu, and Full Moon Streaming, but after I plow through the rest of the movies on FMS, I'll be ending that sub and was thinking about getting the Network.

I grew up with late 80s and early 90s WWF, which I still love (the colorful personalities, the awesome ring gear and entrance music), but I've found over the past few years that I really adore stuff like 80s NWA and Mid-South. Blood feuds and impossibly great promos from guys like Flair, Funk, Cornette, and Dusty - it's really hard to beat that style.

I'm also a huge, huge fan of joshi, as well as American women's wrestling. I'm hoping that WWE's going to incline more towards female wrestlers now and let the Divas concentrate on Total Divas. There's a place for personalities like the Bellas, but it's as valets, not as wrestlers. Trish really messed with their system for awhile; she was a one-in-a-million talent, a model who really could give killer promos and wrestle, and they've been trying for years to find another model who could pull that transition off like she did. I've been a Paige fan since I saw her in Shimmer, and I'm hoping that they try to find more women like her, wrestlers who can model, rather than models who sorta wrestle.

The WWE has a killer roster now, but way too much TV time and too many demands from the network and shareholders. I'd love for them to go back to a less-is-more approach, and bring back squash matches (the Divas division could especially use them, considering how small it is), and limit the amount of marquee matches on a single show. Everything gets so overexposed. Three hours is a ton of time to fill; it's so easy to get sick of the same guys and matches, because there's only so many variations they can throw out there before they start repeating themselves.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc