Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mastermind Creations (MMC)

Everybody's favourite robots in disguise... GOBOTS! Just kidding.

Mastermind Creations (MMC)

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:27 pm

I thought I would re-title this thread and make it the dedicated Mastermind Creations (MMC) thread. MMC has become one of the top 3rd party companies, and I really like their original designs, and IDW comic styled figures.

First up is MMC's Feral Rex - Predacons/Predaking
These are from a 3rd party company called Mastermind Creations. They are an update of the G1 Predacons. When I completed my set I was blown away the the designs and how big Feral Rex was combined.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mastermind-Creations/134216339973092

Here is a gallery of these figures.
http://www.tktf.info/2014/09/16/reformatted-feral-rex/
Predaking-01.jpg
Predacons-01.jpg
Predacons-02.jpg
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Wed May 27, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: MMC Feral Rex - Predaking

Postby Illiasc » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:18 pm

I've seen these before, but not in person. I'm curious just how tall Predaking stands completely put together like that. The craftsmanship put into it must be incredible. Even as separate Predacons, they're really nice looking. And that they all can transform and act alone, plus fit together to form one nice, well done, sturdy Predaking is pretty impressive!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:33 pm

The MMC version looks pretty awesome. An important thing to me is that the individual gestalt figures also serve as good articulated robot standalone pieces and it looks like MMC did a really nice job with that. I only have the classic G1 version of this guy but these 3Ps have done a great job updating them.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Oh boy. Farewell, my money!!! That looks so cool, olds. A friend of mine was showing me a bunch of these last night. I've been thinking about updating my combiner sets for a long time now. I have my eye on Green Giant or Hercules. Green Giant looks like better value. I'm also looking at getting Uranos but my bud said that I should maybe just wait for Hasbro's update. I saw they've also got a Menasor coming.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:55 pm

I would go for MakeToys Green Giant over TFC Toys Hercules. Hercules is bigger but the plastic feels kind of soft and funny. Green Giant's plastic feels nice and rigid but not brittle. It also wins in the deco department.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:37 pm

This was my first 3rd party combiner purchase, and it's well worth the cost to me. The other 3rd party combiners are pretty nice as well, but to me MMC really nailed it with their Predacons. TFC's combiners are pretty good too, but there is something that just seems off about them to me.

Oh there is another 3rd party company that has thrown their hat in the ring as well called Warbotron and to start off they are doing MP scaled Combaticons and then the Technobots.

Computron
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Wed May 27, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Oh here is a picture of my Feral Rex with a 12oz Pepsi can to get idea how big he is...
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Avalon » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:46 pm

One of my favorite parts of these updates is that it looks like they replaced a lot of the sticker apps with actual paint decos. That makes a big difference to me. I remember the gold stickers peeling on my G1s. I had Headstrong and Tantrum as a kid and a lot of the stickers got dull and began peeling on their own over time...
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:38 pm

Holy ****. Computron and Bruticus look detailed as all hell... and they TOWER over the MP Optimus 2. :batshock:
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:50 pm

:shock: Those Warbotron figures, whoa!! The detail, the size, I'm not sure I believe my eyes right now. Those are crazy!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to Transformers