Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel DCUC Super Powers Collection

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Mattel DCUC Super Powers Collection

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:22 am

I caved in and bought one of each of these guys today from Early Access. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. I actually don't feel too bad. Now that I think about it, at some point or another I paid a stupid price for Wonder Woman when she was a lot more rare and it kind of balances all of this out for me.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:38 am

Surprisingly the only thing I bought today was the light blue Superman. Ghostbusters were tempting too but I just didn't have the money. It was this guy or Conner and the head still looks off to me so this repaint got my money sadly lol...
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby wally2974 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:58 pm

So....Now, I noticed that the Trinity figures, Sups, Bats, & WW are "Currently Unavailable" on MattyCollector. I also read someone mention them being "recalled". I'm just hoping that this is a rumor, or that people are assuming they have been recalled. Anyone have any info? Some last hurrah if they're either not selling them on the site anymore or have been recalled. Seriously, it's always something with the DC Universe toy line!....In that respect, I'm kind of relieved it's almost over.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:01 pm

The Superman I got was a piece of junk with the cape barely attached at the shoulders and weird white overspray or glue that look like love stains all over his clavicle and traps.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:47 pm

That sucks man. I saw pics of similar situations on other boards.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:49 pm

OneNineSix wrote:The Superman I got was a piece of junk with the cape barely attached at the shoulders and weird white overspray or glue that look like love stains all over his clavicle and traps.

That was the physical manifestation of Toy Guru's nostalgic love of all things 80's. You should feel honored he saw fit to provide any light blue Superman for us when so many more MotU figures need plastic.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Dr. Poison » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:07 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:
OneNineSix wrote:The Superman I got was a piece of junk with the cape barely attached at the shoulders and weird white overspray or glue that look like love stains all over his clavicle and traps.

That was the physical manifestation of Toy Guru's nostalgic love of all things 80's. You should feel honored he saw fit to provide any light blue Superman for us when so many more MotU figures need plastic.

Why on earth does Mattel still have the DC license?
Currently Reading: Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others, Earth 2, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League United, Sensation Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman(starting with the Finchs' run).
Dr. Poison
Civilian
Civilian

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:13 pm

I can't ever hate Mattel because they gave us some amazing figures but there is definitely a serious lack of concern for their product and service quality in the last while... This is just careless...
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:47 pm

That's grossly awful. And to think, it's a pretty special figure for them to release. That's hugely disappointing, although I have to agree as well, despite the serious decrease in Mattel's quality as of late - I'm still pretty thankful for their incredible line of DCUC figures they did before the discontinuation.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Dr. Poison » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:33 am

OneNineSix wrote:I can't ever hate Mattel because they gave us some amazing figures but there is definitely a serious lack of concern for their product and service quality in the last while... This is just careless...

Very true. They gave us an amazing amount of breadth in both the JLU and DCUC lines. I just wish they would stop doing things like what they did with this latest Superman release.
Currently Reading: Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others, Earth 2, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League United, Sensation Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman(starting with the Finchs' run).
Dr. Poison
Civilian
Civilian

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel