Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel DCUC Super Powers Collection

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Mattel DCUC Super Powers Collection

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:31 am

Yeah, Mattel's quality control has gone into the crapper these last few years. I mean, it was never great to begin with, but now.

And yet, at the same time, who else could manage the DC license? Hasbro has Marvel. What other toy companies would be able to put out stuff that must retail chains would carry? I never heard of Toy Biz until Marvel Legends hit, and I'm not even sure if they are around anymore.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Dr. Poison » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:49 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Yeah, Mattel's quality control has gone into the crapper these last few years. I mean, it was never great to begin with, but now.

And yet, at the same time, who else could manage the DC license? Hasbro has Marvel. What other toy companies would be able to put out stuff that must retail chains would carry? I never heard of Toy Biz until Marvel Legends hit, and I'm not even sure if they are around anymore.

Why couldn't Hasbro have both Marvel and DC? Mego did back in the 70s.
Currently Reading: Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others, Earth 2, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League United, Sensation Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman(starting with the Finchs' run).
Dr. Poison
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Tango X » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:52 pm

Dr. Poison wrote:Why couldn't Hasbro have both Marvel and DC? Mego did back in the 70s.

Good point and LEGO is doing it right now. :krgrin:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Dr. Poison wrote:Very true. They gave us an amazing amount of breadth in both the JLU and DCUC lines. I just wish they would stop doing things like what they did with this latest Superman release.

Yeah! It was never perfect but I still remember fonder times. On a positive note, I found out that the mysterious white stuff is some kind of soy based packing oil and actually wipes away clean which is fine for me because I'm not a MOC collector and the only reason I didn't know this was that I had kept it in the package in case I had to send it back for recall. This still sucks for any MOC collector, though.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby wally2974 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:01 pm

I order 2 Batman, 3 Wonder Woman, & 3 Superman....Bent cards on 1 Batman, 2 Wonder Women, and 2 Supermen....I think all 3 Supermen had the white, "substance". The ones I planned on keeping mint-on-card, I think, are going back for replacements! At $30 bucks a piece, they should be almost pristine!!!! They should be ashamed for allowing figures to be sent out in this condition, especially since the white mailer boxes showed no sign of damage & the cardbacks were still bent. That means they went in the boxes bent up and whomever was packaging them couldn't have missed that they were bent like that!!
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:49 pm

Wow, with just how many flaws they're disappointingly pumping out with the new Super Powers figures, I'm starting to hope they might actually do a recall or something comparable to make up for this. I'm glad to hear the white stuff is harmless and can be wiped off, though.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:17 pm

Yeah, I'm glad that it wipes off but unfortunately for an MOC collector, it might as well be permanent paint. :batsad:
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:49 pm

Thankfully I read this. I thought mine was permanently damaged with the white stain and I was going to have to return it. I don't collect these carded but I sure feel sympathy for people who do. :/
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Previous

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel