Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

What's Your Favourite DC Comic Book Era?

Talk comic books with other fans whether it's the latest New 52 material or some good old classics!

What's Your Favourite DC Comic Book Era?

Golden Age (1930s to 1955)
No votes
Silver Age (1956 to 1970)
8%
Bronze Age (1970 to 1985)
33%
Modern Age (Dark Age) (mid-1980s to 2000)
42%
Modern Age (2000 onward)
17%

Total votes : 12

Re: What's Your Favourite DC Comic Book Era?

Postby Tango X » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Gotta go with Modern Dark Age!! This is the age I grew up with and most familiar with.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Tango X wrote:Gotta go with Modern Dark Age!! This is the age I grew up with and most familiar with.

Sorry. J/K. I also chose Modern Age, but if I could I'd narrow that down to '97 to '07, because the Modern Age before that was the terrible 90's, and after the '07 or so DC went downhill fast.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:59 pm

HectorHall wrote:You changed the categories after I voted?!?! the whole thing is fixed. Oh yeah, I still would've voted Bronze......nevermind.

The Bronze Age is my 2nd ... to one FATE to another! :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Illiasc » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:42 pm

I'm a little surprised there's no love for the Golden Age yet.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby HectorHall » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:10 am

I love the Golden Age for the publishing history and the fact that the characters sprang to life with no apologies to things like continuity. It's just not my favorite ;)
I guess that is what makes these polls fun/interesting. In my mind I could make an argument for at least four of these eras, and I might even change my mind in a week or so as I remember favorite stories.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:53 pm

There's a serious lack of bronze age collected editions available out there. I recently got the Justice League Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1 which begins the satellite era and continues right from my Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 2 but see that the only other bronze age books are Batgirl, Teen Titans, Swamp Thing (which repeats a lot of whatI already have) and Batman in the Brave and the Bold. There doesn't seem to be much from anyone else during this time except the Wonder Woman I Ching run and the Lantern/Green Arrow run which I already have.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:18 am

Right now, Golden Age is my favorite ...
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:03 pm

I just ordered Vol. 1 of Batman and Superman's Golden Age trades and I'm considering Wonder Woman's Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 1. I've never ready most of them except for the first couple issues so I'm looking forward to the experience!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:46 pm

People might disagree with me but I'd say the mid-2000s. I mean, Geoff Johns alone put out great runs of Green Lantern, Flash, Teen Titans, the JSA, Hawkman. Throw in Gail Simone's Secret Six and Birds of Prey, Batman Hush, New Frontier, Manhunter (a personal favorite) and you have some pretty nice runs.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:08 pm

It's so tough to say really...I like the silliness of the Golden, appreciate the Silver for trying to make things real, the Bronze for being as old as me and playing both sides and the modern for being way too hardcore!

But if I have to say only one, it's Silver for that's where my favorite artists and a lot of great stories are from
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics