Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Grant Gustin in full Flash gear

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Grant Gustin in full Flash gear

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:08 pm

I think we're avoiding the obvious issue. He's got a serious case of penishead going on here.

Honestly, translating the Flash's costume directly to live-action is misguided. It only looks good on the page, and it doesn't have the benefit of years of live-action portrayals and the resulting audience acceptance that Superman's has. They should've gone more down-to-earth, Jack Knight-ish on this one. Aviator goggles and cap, maybe. Something form-fitting and wind-resistant like a Euro motorcycle jacket. Things that convey speed without looking hopelessly out of place or dorky.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Skullmaster » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Ah I don't know how to describe it but I don't care for it much. Textures look overcomplicated.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:39 pm

I can't imagine anything less comfortable for someone who has to run often than a belt that angles down toward their crotch. Busy=more realistic=not always better...K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid)
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:26 am

Hah! Good call on the belt. I'm not hardcore about practicality in my superhero costumes, but some things really do stand out as hindrances (my big frustration in this area is heels for female martial artists). What does he even need that belt for, anyway?

I like the silhouette more when I look at it again. The bulky shoulders and sculpted chest, while having an unfortunate padded muscle suit look, give the suit a tapered look that could be really awesome and really put emphasis on his legs for running scenes. But the logo and the different materials used for the top and pants keep drawing my eye towards the chest. Especially because the top's red, especially around the abs, comes across as warmer and richer and more attractive to the eye. Suddenly the comic Flash's bright yellow boots make a ton of sense, because this thing needs something to move your eye downward and say "Oh yeah, running guy."
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:26 am

My only beef about this costume is the logo is too red and not enough yellow and no yellow boots to make it more like the comic book and all.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Skullmaster » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:41 pm

Yeah I think having a pair of yellow boots would have helped a lot with the look.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Previous

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies