Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Lego Set: The Riddler Chase

Brickheads can discuss the superhero-related releases from LEGO from LEGO Batman to the latest LEGO Superheroes offerings. Ah heck, you can even talk about LEGO Spider-man and the other Marvel lines if it strikes your fancy!

Lego Set: The Riddler Chase

Postby Barbecue17 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:38 am

Here's a link to a review of the second of the first quarter 2014 Lego releases in the DC Superheroes line, the Riddler Chase!: http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/02/lego-review-batman-riddler-chase-from.html

Good set overall. Not Great, but solid. Riddler's dragster is ok, but I really like the Flash and the Batmobile (although I wish the hood were hinged).

Now we've had Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, and Aquaman as regular releases. Let's hope Lego releases a Green Lantern and Cyborg sometime soon!
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Re: Lego Set: The Riddler Chase

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:29 am

Probably one of my most wanted sets. Especially with the addition of the Flash to the roster. It was a neat Batmobile. I like it but I didn't get the whole having to remove the orange dome because it wasn't hinged thing either. Thanks again for reviewing this, buddy.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tango X » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Just got this set too. It's nice to get more heroes. Flash looks great and I like Riddler's new deco. I'm glad he's at least different from the Funhouse one. The regular price is a little high to me but I managed to get it for 20% off so pretty good deal for a set with a couple vehicles and Flash...
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:30 pm

I decided picked this up for The Flash only. Ended up selling the rest and ended up with some of my money back. I didn't care for either for the vehicles designs in the end and I already have Riddler and Bats from previous sets.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby OneNineSix » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:37 pm

Cool review. I wanted this set from the first day I saw it but the price has kept me away. I'm waiting for a nice BOGO or percent off sale. The vehicles look pretty cool I guess but it's mainly the Flash that I'm after and the green bowler hat for Riddler since he came with a weird silver one in the Funhouse set.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:31 pm

Nice review, Barbeque! I never previously realized this set came with money bags that can be added to the vehicle or even on the minifig's backs, that's. . . Admittedly that's actually pretty cool. Originally yeah, I thought "I'd just get this for the Flash," especially considering the Flash minifig alone is expensive enough to almost the be same price as this entire set right now, but actually after reading the review, my interest in this one has increased quite a bit.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Return to LEGO Superheroes