Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

10/03/14 Matty Collector DC Universe Update

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

10/03/14 Matty Collector DC Universe Update

Postby Dr. Poison » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:04 pm

I must say the unleashed Doomsday figure looks pretty good.
Currently Reading: Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others, Earth 2, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League United, Sensation Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman(starting with the Finchs' run).
Dr. Poison
Civilian
Civilian

Re: 10/03/14 Matty Collector DC Universe Update

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks for sharing this video, Poison. Yeah I'm really looking forward to this figure. The only part that I'm not looking forward to is having to try to figure out how I'm going to make enough space for him on my shelf. Containment Suit Doomsday already takes up a lot of real estate as it is. :scrgrin:
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:39 pm

The figure looks very nice. I'm definitely going to get at least one. I'm not sure if putting it on Cyber Monday is good or bad. I just remember all the terrible times I've been on there getting the white screen and then most of the stuff I wanted being picked clean but I'm sure I'll get a chance to buy it at some point. $40 is fine to me. Since I actually joined DC Universe Classics fairly late in the game, I've never spent less than $40 on a CnC figure except Trigon.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:21 am

After the white stain and wrecked card fiasco with the Super Powers figures, am I really going to roll the dice again on this figure? Sadly, yes I am. Gawd I hate myself... :mksad:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:26 pm

Doomsday looks fantastic and I'm in...but that Batman mask is ridiculously awful
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Illiasc » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Thanks for sharing. Seeing that Doomsday Unleashed figure outside of still photos has me thinking I seriously pity the person who might end up in a freak accident of stepping on or tripping over that figure. :smlol:
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Not to worry. If this anything like the DCSH Doomsday and it probably will be, the spikes will be made from a much softer plastic. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OneNineSix » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Yeah I have to say forty rocks is definitely within the range I would be willing to pay for a big figure like that.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:45 am

Forty bucks. That's quite a bargain. Just that painful international shipping I'm going to have to buckle under and pay for. Guess I'm passing on SHF Sailor Saturn, Uranus and Neptune for now. Need to stay within budget.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Had to share this Matty Members thoughts, his name is Brett: well said, well said....

posted December 18, 2014 04:12 AM
An Open letter to Mattel:

"Dear Mattel:

Many of your customers ordered product (Doomsday Unleashed and more) during your HIGHLY advertised Black Friday sale, a month before the holidays. At the time of the sale, you as a company deliberately neglected to inform your customers that product was not in stock and would not be delivered in time for the holidays.

With less than one week before Christmas, and product still not in stock, chances of your company's ability to deliver in time for the holidays are nil. Your neglect to properly keep your customers informed and failure to provide alternative options has demonstrated that customers do not matter to Mattel.

Although you provided an update earlier in the week, it has come too little, too late as you offered no alternatives for customers who purchased product to give to people as gifts. You refused to allow customers to cancel their orders so they can buy other gifts in place of the product you cannot deliver and the 'excuse' that product is delayed due to 'Port Congestion Issues' is callously unacceptable.

Information about the Port Congestion Issues/Port Strike has been all over the news since November 26th 2015, the very day you began your Black Friday sale. There was a big article in the LA Times on that very day (and the story can still be googled under 'Port Congestion').

Mattel is certainly not the only vendor affected and during that time, as clearly stated in the LA Times, many vendors have been diverting their shipments to other ports so they can deliver in time for x-mas. Some are paying for air freight (obviously too expensive for Matty, of course) and other means to get their shipments out of the jam. It appears as though Mattel has done absolutely nothing — not diverting shipments to other ports as other vendors are doing — and instead, simply stated that there is a strike, giving the impression that you are just sitting in wait for the port to clear instead of diverting to other, non-congested/non-strike affected ports.

With less than a week to go before the holidays, it is clear that customers will not have their orders delivered in time for Christmas. You had more than ample time to prepare as the port issues were widely reported the day of your sale, a month has passed and clearly there have been no new developments from you. Your customer service representatives have proven they are inept, unprofessional and even supervisors have no additional information or options to provide to your customers, many whom have been supporting you for years.

Personally, I never subscribed to any of your subscription lines not only because of poor selections but because of the awful customer service I have experienced from you in the past. Doomsday Unleashed was a figure too hard to resist so reluctantly, I placed the order (multiple to give as gifts) in the vein hope that service might have improved. Obviously, service not only has not improved, its worsened so its no surprise the DCU line ceased due to non-interest from customers. Maybe it wasn’t non-interest so much as awful service that caused the line’s demise.

In all my years of shopping, never have I encountered a company so casual, uncaring and callous about their customers. Who does business like this? Not many and a company that does usually isn’t in business for long and while Mattel thrives, Matty Collector’s DCU is dead and YOU, Mattel were your own worst enemy."
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel