Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Super Powers!

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

DC Super Powers!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:19 am

This series looks great, however, I only want Batman, regular Superman and Wonder Woman and these are My favorite versions too!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: DC Super Powers!

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm more than likely going to score the whole lot. I might as well. I'm not collecting a whole lot of things these days.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:38 pm

I'd buy the Trinity and Mxy but they're too much for straight up repaints with no accessories. If I can catch them in a later sale or eBay, maybe, but I can easily live without them. Especially since the Supes blue looks so dingy compared to the Reeve figure they just made. $30 and shipping? Nope.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:22 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with Packer...I'll gladly wait to see them at a second hand shop or a con
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:32 pm

I finally opened a the last couple Guardians I needed to complete Groot, and while I think $20 for a figure is still high, the amount of accessories, hands, heads, BAF pieces, Hasbro packs in makes me wonder why I was paying so much for so little from Mattel. I love DC figures, but the price, and constant crying about budgets from the largest toy company in the world kind of soured me on the product. You need to spend money, to make money, and paying for over-priced minimal efforts, and straight-up over-priced repaints, and Movie Masters with no accessories or ab crunches for almost the same price as an ML seems insane to me now.

Sorry, rant over.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:53 am

I'm probably in for Mxy and the big 3 but man 30 a piece is pretty tough.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby HectorHall » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:59 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I finally opened a the last couple Guardians I needed to complete Groot, and while I think $20 for a figure is still high, the amount of accessories, hands, heads, BAF pieces, Hasbro packs in makes me wonder why I was paying so much for so little from Mattel. I love DC figures, but the price, and constant crying about budgets from the largest toy company in the world kind of soured me on the product. You need to spend money, to make money, and paying for over-priced minimal efforts, and straight-up over-priced repaints, and Movie Masters with no accessories or ab crunches for almost the same price as an ML seems insane to me now.

Sorry, rant over.

Agree so strongly I have to fight the urge to vote you into office.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby OneNineSix » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:49 pm

'Appy Columbus Day, ya'll and don't forget Early Access tomorrow and Regular Sale on Wednesday.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Welp, I got my order in. Got Mxy, Hal Jordan Riddler and Gold Superman. The latter two mostly for the Kalibak parts. Everything else is coming in through my sub.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Got all my guys today. Mxy's has some paint caked on the cheek. I picked it off and it left a paint hole where his face was so I'll have to touch it up. The other two figures are fine and came out okay paintwise. I'm just not excited about them.
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel