Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Future DC Movies Announced Into 2020

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Future DC Movies Announced Into 2020

Postby Tango X » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:56 pm

Tango X
Hero
Hero

Re: Future DC Movies Announced Into 2020

Postby Illiasc » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:07 pm

Aquaman and Shazam. . . . Oh man. I certainly do hope that carries through and happens! Also, Green Lantern, if they are ever brave enough to give that another shot with a revamp and all. . . Sign me up as excited!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Aquaman, Shazam, and the two Justice League Films that I'm most interested in seeing on the big screen.

I'm curious who will be the starring actor for the Green Lantern re-boot.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Illiasc » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:16 pm

I can't wait to see the Justice League films, but the thing I'm not a huge fan of is the idea of more Snyder DC films. I want to see a bit of diversity. Doctor Fate, I'm curious of that as well. I've had a discussion before with someone about who might actually be a good representation of Hal, assuming they'd star him. I'd be pretty interested and surprised if they did a GL movie with Stewart or Rayner.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:38 am

Illiasc wrote:I can't wait to see the Justice League films, but the thing I'm not a huge fan of is the idea of more Snyder DC films. I want to see a bit of diversity. Doctor Fate, I'm curious of that as well. I've had a discussion before with someone about who might actually be a good representation of Hal, assuming they'd star him. I'd be pretty interested and surprised if they did a GL movie with Stewart or Rayner.

I think that you might be right about Stewart or Rayner for Green Lantern, but all possibility I hope that they do a better job in the 2nd time around for Green Lantern.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:06 pm

That's a lot of movies. I actually like Snyder's stuff. I know not everybody does, but I think he's done a pretty good job. Definitely one of the best so far. I think he's showing a bit of restraint when it comes to using the gloomy film treatment, too. I like his artistic direction and I think it lends itself well to DC Comic films. I like the stories, too, and I hope Goyer and Nolan contribute to many more DC films in the future.

With Green Lantern, I think I would have preference to Kyle Rayner. I like John, too. Depending on how Aquaman looks, though. If he's the bearded Aquaman one slip up from a hookhand, then I want Kyle for that whole Morrison's JLA effect. Especially if the Flash turns out to be Wally instead of Barry.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:07 pm

I loved what Snyder has given us so far, I just want to see more DC films done by different people with different visual approaches as well as a diversity in storyline and general approach to the films. I'll admit, I can get tired of one person's stylistic approach after several movies. Man of Steel, I know a lot of people weren't impressed with, but I loved it a lot. Watchmen was excellent except I do think it was a bit too colorless, visually. The plot, acting, and story was excellent though, an easy one to add to favorites in my opinion. But yeah, the color and costume design I dunno, I wanted to see Ozymandias a bit more vibrant.

I'd love it if the Flash movie ended up being Wally, but that's quite likely because I'm more partial and familiar with him than Barry. As for Green Lantern I could be happy with anyone, though I'd be preetty surprised if they chose Guy, hah! I'm not even sure if I'd be excited or disappointed or neither if they chose him, to be honest. I'd be surprised if anything.

With the Justice League films, the biggest importance for me is character lineup and expansion. Even if some only get little bit parts, I really want to see a lot of members/characters that will have me excited on the inside when watching the film on the big screen.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies