Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Halloween Thread - My favorite time of year!!!

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Re: The Halloween Thread - My favorite time of year!!!

Postby Illiasc » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanks for the more concise list! I'll definitely try at least some of the top ones out.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Skullmaster » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Hope you guys all had a great Halloween!!!!!!!
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:09 pm

Anyone do/doing anything interesting for Halloween this year? Since our new house is farmland, kind of far off the road, without neighbors too close I didn't bother decorating this year. We're not going to get any trick or treaters anyway. What's everyone else up to?

Anyone see a good horror movie? Anyone dressing up?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:05 pm

I'm not doing anything special for Halloween -- except attending a small party with friends that day; numbering around 8-12 people.

I have been watching old horror movies -- like the Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman, Invisible Man, and a couple of old Godzilla flicks as well.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:58 am

I have a yearly gathering I attend on All Hallows Eve, we have some fun spooky stuff like seances, EVP sessions, play cheesy horror films... it's fun =)
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:43 pm

Fun. Just taking the kids trick or treating and maybe hand out some candy at the in-laws since they might actually get trick or treaters. Probably watch the four hour Ghost Adventures Live episode, too. Nothing too exciting. Wife works at 11 PM anyway, so no tricks for me that night, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:00 am

NECA just made my Halloween...
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:34 am

NICE!!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:34 am

Actually, I'm doing two things for Halloween tonight ... I'm helping my Brother to entertain my grand nieces and grand nephew for trick and treating tonight and heading to a friend house to watch horror movies until we all drop dead tired.

This is a last minute change ...
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:32 am

packerbacker180 wrote:
AcidDragon wrote:Happy Halloween, all! Hey packer, where the bleep are those pics you promised us? LOL. :gghlol: :bdvbang: :jclol:

Alright, alright. Sheesh. The night pics don't come out so well but...

This one is from setting up a couple weeks ago.

Front of the house tonight

Side of the house. The lights that look like a horseshoe pattern are called Jeeper Peepers. I love them. They're eyes that turn on and off. They're set up in a giant evergreen tree on the side of our house. There's twelve sets of eyes altogether and they flicker to give that old time cartoon effect of one someone would be in the dark and then eyes would be all around them. So cool.

One garage door we don't use

Kids getting ready to go out

Front of the hosue from a few weeks ago. Sadly the giant spider died recently. just bought the thing last year after Halloween. Not sure, thing the motor got plugged and burned out. :zodsad:

The table where the magic happens. This year we got a skull fogger that has a trigger to set it off. Love it. Great for scaring older kids as they approach. A lot of them are freaked out by the butler so they're aren't expecting fog to shoot out. Hahahaha!
Kids and grandma getting ready to go.
I have a soundtrack of Halloween songs I play on a loop and a strobe light in the back. Besides candy we do cider and donuts every. This year not as many people were interested. Curse you ebola!!!!

Front stairs

Me and the Butler. If anyone asks, yes, he did it!

OK well, all of a sudden this topic emerges from the bottom to the top...WHY :?: NOW FOLLOW ME HERE :batwink: Because I do what most people don't and that is think of the past and what I do about it. I was thinking of My own Halloween past for a while now and I'm like with all of these cool topics that is started by PB (with good reason too) but there isn't really a place to talk about Our Halloween moments we've had at our house and local area. I then was scrolling for My own stuff and I recalled there was a big topic that was created many years ago by some user that disappeared. On the other board that I posted (I was recruited there back in 2013) which is a 12" Actionman board, many of the idiots & liars over there (except two of'em, now them guys were good an appreciated My work very much so I give theme guys big kudos) always acted like they NEVER could search nor find older topics and what users posted on and created so I had REPOST My stuff as everything get's lost in the shuffle :x They were so lazy and they acted so dumb like they didn't know what I was talking about like for instance. When I posted My Vintage Action Figure topic and posted Willow. The owner of the board is British (which most of these people are from the UK & Australia) was NOT familiar with Willow yet supposedly he is a huge Star Wars & Lucas fan but he didn't know WILLOW and if that isn't enough the movie was filmed over in the UK where he lives and knew nothing about it and he is older than I am :batsmh: Again, supposedly he is a huge wrestling fan and I posted a ton of wrestling stuff over there for months that I have here. He never replied on any of it and said he is watching soccer...for months...he didn't know Willow yet legendary UK wrestler Pat Roach is General Kael...what a f/n liar. Anyway I left months ago after My Grandma passed as I couldn't deal with their lying density. I had topics laying there for weeks untouched because they didn't know what to do and ya know what...I have never received a reply from anybody on anything SINCE I left :x That's how much they cared about Me and how much they appreciated everything I did there. So as Arnold has said in many of his films..."To Hell With You"! So with all of this being said I easily found this topic, I ALWAYS, ALWAYS look back on things especially My OWN STUFF, it's not that hard to find things and this is one of the one REASONS WHY I post most if not all of My stuff in My topics so THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN thus making it all together there in one big topic which I believe is so apropos :batsmile:

OK so enough of that rant. There is a lot a members here I once knew and some I didn't. Many of them are gone from the board and I have no idea why. I mean I know the P!@mDemic all too well but still where are they? I don't get it and why they chose to just leave or just spectate and not participate if they are still here...I really dislike the cryptic stuff. I mean are you a watcher or a player...Me? I'm a player. There has been some that just come & go as they ask Me questions and I answer them and I tell them to keep looking for My great stuff I post and then they take another hiatus for however long for whatever reason...it's like whatever, to each of their own :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

So in this great Halloween topic that was abandoned on the last page no less, I saw this older section of PB and since he has become a veteran here (along with Me) I thought I'd quote him to somewhat bring this time & topic back. I realized the pics are Photobucket which they have changed (everything has too :x but I can tell and see the pics through their darn logo. I must say that was really cool PB. I saw you there ;) It looked really fun and I can really relate to that setting :blbat:

OK Check this, I'm gonna repost My older stuff here but DO NOT look for it in this topic, you may have not seen some of it so you don't want to be spoil it. I'll post it in time. There is at least a couple more I want to resurrect soon and one you may already know about which is one I really want to bring back. Well, I hope you were surprised here by Me doing this PB, let Me know your thoughts here ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Special Events