Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The NEW Improved I'm So Excited Thread!!

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Re: The NEW Improved I'm So Excited Thread!!

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Sounds like a great time, man!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:24 pm

Our long national nightmare is finally over. The Buffalo Sabres finally fired their inept general manager!!! Ding-dong, Darcy's gone!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:12 pm

Packer, I saw that! Now maybe the Sabes can figure out the playoffs come spring! One thing's for sure - Darcy's not gonna be snapped up by one of the other teams. Well, maybe the Canes. They seem to be trying to staff up with really, really bad choices down there. How this didn't happen sooner, the NHL will never understand.

Hey, he could go manage the Preds. They're currently in such a financial hole, this guy's style might be the answer!

As for excited news. This:

Does not talk, sadly. But still awesome. My pair of Gremlins and Greta are gonna get a fourth!

Now fingers crossed that Stripe and George are on deck!
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Avalon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:56 pm

Wow that's awesome. How big are these, Caleb?
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:23 pm

I love Gremlins!!! That looks really fun, Caleb. I think Brain could even work for a stand-alone piece, he was such a notable character in the movie.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Amazon finally got her back in stock and she's on her way to me now! Woohoo! :batlol:

bandai_sh_figuarts_sailor_mercury_figure-724x1024.jpg
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Caleb » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:28 am

Avalon, these guys are all two feet tall. Well...Greta's a notch taller because of the heels and hair, but they're all in scale. Fun fact: the Gremlins puppets were actually all clocked in around two feet, so these knee-high terrors are ACTUAL SIZE! It's the next best thing to owning an actual Gremlin!

Amethyst, if you must own one Gremlin: Brain. I've got the other three they released, but I would've been happy with just this guy.

Seriously, I pimp NECA a lot, but any Gremlins fan with the cash to drop on them - and, admittedly, they're expensive - definitely will be pleased. I actually cut out Star Wars 3", DCD, and Hot Toys so I could afford the Gremlins stuff that NECA and Medicom have been pumping out. Brain's next on my list! Plus...Spider-Gremlin hits soon! YAY!

I just got this Medicom Stripe, so it'll be another couple months:

Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Caleb » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:32 am

Oh, and Medicom Gizmo rules.

Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:12 pm

AD: I've got mine at BBTS right now. I'll probably ship the lot when Sailor Mars shows up in January.

So last weekend was Hudson Horror Show 8! Amazing lineup, featuring The Thing (1982), Escape from New York, Horror Express, Invasion of the Bee Girls, and a mystery film we're not supposed to reveal even after the fact. (Hint: it's a creepy backwoods monster movie, and one of my personal favorites.) Great movies, great trailer blocks, and I bought a copy of Without Warning from a guy with a tattoo of the film's alien. If only I could buy everything from people with tattoos of what I'm buying. Next Hudson Horror Show is gonna be in the spring, and they're aiming for Jaws as a headliner. I'll keep everyone updated.

In other film screening news, the Palace Theater in Syracuse might be sold, but as far as anyone knows, the Salt City Horror Fest in April is still happening (I posted about it elsewhere on the boards, I think?). So on December 17th, they're doing a killer 80s horror/exploitation night, with Savage Streets, Graduation Day, and From a Whisper to a Scream (a.k.a. The Offspring). Jeff Burr, director of the latter, might be there - he also did Puppet Master 4 & 5. I'll keep everyone up to date on the Syracuse screenings.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:51 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:AD: I've got mine at BBTS right now. I'll probably ship the lot when Sailor Mars shows up in January.

I got mine in the mail today. I was pretty excited until I opened it and noticed that her arm was detached from her body... It looks great, though. :batlol: I made a thread about it in General Toys.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Special Events