Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The NEW Improved I'm So Excited Thread!!

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Re: The NEW Improved I'm So Excited Thread!!

Postby beastovjudgement » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:16 am

I am pretty psyched to be seeing Goblin next week. The legendary Italian band who scored the soundtracks for many a classic horror movie is playing their second US tour. I missed the Boston date last time, as it sold out before I even knew it was on sale. I secured a ticket early this time. I will be happy with just the Suspiria theme; everything else will be bonus. "Witch! Witch!"
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Did you see goblin yet? my friend saw them in MI and he said they were sweet. Its all about the deep red soundtrack.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Caleb » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:31 pm

PHEW! It's been a long week and a half. I just got back from my honeymoon. Literally everyone I know kept asking why I didn't take Alisha somewhere more tropical, with nothing but beaches and crystal waters, and not a whole lot to do besides sip those little umbrella drinks and have monkey sex all over our honeymoon suite. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but EVERYONE goes to The Virgin Islands / Aruba / Cabo / Hawaii on their honeymoon. We went to New Zealand. Yeah, we had to save a little longer. But? Totally worth it.

Okay, seeing Hobbiton on the first day or two was pretty cool. And meeting one of her college friends in Wellington the following day was kind of surreal. But when we hit the South Island (for a week)? Jesus. I've been all over the US as a result of my parents wanting to explore everything with their children, and I was still amazed by just how damn amazing NZ is. I'm having trouble attaching pictures, but seriously...the view from the mountain we hit gives Chicago's downtown sprawl a run for its money as far as I'm concerned. Being on Mount Sunday, even with the LOTR set (it was Rohan's Edoras, if anyone is wondering) long gone was pretty awesome. And the chopper pilot who flew us into the mountains was one of the coolest guys I've had the pleasure of meeting - he really hates Iphones. Like, really.

And we broke my air mattress. Snicker.

Seriously, though. New Zealand is awesome.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby beastovjudgement » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:Did you see goblin yet? my friend saw them in MI and he said they were sweet. Its all about the deep red soundtrack.

Goblin was so awesome. The set was a full-on "best of", with the likes of "Susperia", "Zombi", and "Profondo Rosso" dominating. Speaking of Zombi, that was the name of the support band, and they were also very good. I had previously only heard one song by them on a Relapse Records compilation, but they impressed live. Goblin was one of the best live acts I have ever seen. I guess the October tour had a different lineup in the band, whereas this tour had all but one (Claudio Simonetti) of the original members present.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:18 pm

Caleb wrote:PHEW! It's been a long week and a half. I just got back from my honeymoon. Literally everyone I know kept asking why I didn't take Alisha somewhere more tropical, with nothing but beaches and crystal waters, and not a whole lot to do besides sip those little umbrella drinks and have monkey sex all over our honeymoon suite. Okay, seeing Hobbiton on the first day or two was pretty cool..

Grats on the trip and honeymoon Caleb!

Okay I have to ask... did you have sex in Hobbiton? Tell me you gave it to her in the Shire... :batlol:
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Caleb » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:56 pm

Thanks, Slinger!

Hahahahaha, I wish. I mean, we could have, since it's not surrounded by security fences or anything, and the police don't seem to hang around in that area much. And I'm sure some young Zealanders have popped over to The Shire to Sackville their lady's Baggins. But it never even popped into my mind, dang it. Otherwise, I'm sure Hobbit Hole would have a whole new meaning to me. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:11 pm

Yay, the wife goes back to work in 8 more days!!!! She's been out on maternity leave since mid-October, and while I love her to death, I do most of my customizing on nights she works after the kids are asleep. So I can soon get back into a regular cycle of having a couple nights a week for customs because I'm severely behind of late. So many ideas that have been building up in my mind...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Updatewhiteline: I finally got a decent, full-time job. It pays money and everything! I'm working in the direct marketing (online sales and other direct-to-customer marketing efforts) department for Redco Foods, makers of Red Rose and Salada teas.

I have an awesome girlfriend that goes to weird movie things with me. We're going to Chiller Expo in Jersey next month, and dressing like Riff Randell and Joey Ramone to meet PJ Soles and Mary Woronov.

I have my first sitting for my first tattoo next month - I'm getting a Count Vertigo (based somewhat on this Michel Fiffe piece) on my shoulder and arm.

What's going on with everyone here?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:11 pm

Congrats on finding employment. I was looking at the chiller expo, have a great time!!!!!
Im excited today cause Im getting to go back home for a week in May for Motor City Comic-con. Im so hyped for it.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:26 pm

Great news Grodd!

I'm excited that the Warden (aka, my wife) has allowed me to go to c2e2 in Chicago in April!!! It'll be my first real con in a few years and man, am I looking forward to it!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Special Events