Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

6" Star Wars Black Series

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

Re: 6" Star Wars Black Series

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:31 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:Hah! You're not the only one. Granted, I've got all the future team members preordered at BBTS. I'm in this for the long haul.

Yeah I'm getting mine from Amazon when they become available again, if not then probably BBTS. I'm pretty happy with Sailormoon but the joints feel kind of cheap for a $50 figure but then all the figures from Japan seem to cost more.

I'm considering Star Wars Black if only for the original trilogy figures but I don't really have an interest in the Sand Trooper. I just really want Return of the Jedi sand barge related figures and so far, there aren't many. :batwink:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:48 am

I found Slave Leia, Han and Greedo today at my local Target.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby beastovjudgement » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:17 am

I haven't been buying these, but I really hope they manage to get out a Darth Vader, and, especially, an Emperor before the line goes under.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:51 pm

I got Slave Leia today at Target...as far as comparing her to the rest of the figs to date, she's the worst one but also pretty good at the same time.

First I'm going to say that it's gotta be insanely tough to sculpt and place articulation points on a almost naked figure (with nowhere to hide the breaks) so I give them a break for that, which is my major beef with this figure. She's a good sculpt overall with quite a bit of detail in many places (I'm planning on giving her a black-wash on the detailed outfit parts to make it pop) on her near non-existent outfit. Her face sculpt is pretty close to Carrie Fisher's but the poor paint job on her eyes is more than a little distracting; she has "lazy eye syndrome".

She has a little too much in the "birthing hips" area compared to what she looked like in Jedi and her eyes are messed up; as I heard is a common mistake for her.

One more mistake is her nylon skirt which is loose on all edges and I just used a fire starter to keep it from fraying.

Some reviewers have mentioned that they think she should be taller than she is, but Carrie is fairly short and that doesn't really bother me. It was funny though placing her next to the DCUC figs at just how shirt she is: she's well shorter than he males, still shorter than the females but shes the same height as the younger sidekicks: Tim Drake Robin and Kid Flash in particular...which is humorous to me.

Overall, if you're a completist or just a SW fan in general, get the fig (and check all on the shelf for the best eyes possible), she is worth it, especially with a little work on your part.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Caleb » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:04 pm

I found Greedo today. And, more importantly, HAN! They had Leia as well, but - like IS said - the eyes look kind of goofy and her birthin' hips really, really bother me. It's definitely a misfire...not surprising for the first female in the line. I didn't pick her up. The height's not really an issue for me, since Carrie Fisher is pretty short in real life.

Han, on the other hand, is pretty freakin' cool. Dead-on sculpt, awesome articulation, and really makes me want Chewie to get made NOW! I love that he's packin' a removable belt, too, and the alternate gloved hands are a really, really nice touch. They did an awesome job on Greedo as well, although it's a little harder to screw him up than the human characters. I know he can't come with a ton of accessories, really...but Greedo's one gun pales in comparison to the rest of the line. He's still cool looking.

Now if only I could find Boba Fett.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Are these selling really well there? This is one toy line that I have no trouble getting here in the frozen north. They've got SWB 6" and 3.75" piling up on the peg hooks AND shelves and they have everyone there.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:45 pm

I have 2 ShopKo's around me and one Target that sells the 6" black series...ShopKo's always selling there but Target is chock-full of wave 1 after 2 restocks...

Anyone else seeing backup?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Caleb » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:37 am

They're selling moderately well out here. In the burbs it's pretty easy to get a complete set between various Targets and TRU's, but Chicago's Target selection is pretty skinny. Just a lot of Luke and Artoo. Wave 2 was there and gone once, and I saw the occasional Greedo on my hunt this weekend. The Trooper and Fett are pretty hard to come by in this area. Like most toy-lines, I figure it's gonna be a regional thing. Some areas will be swimming, some won't.

For the record, though, it seems like Artoo's the dud of the line thus far.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Freddie: » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:18 pm

I was in 5 big box retailers this weekend in NJ and all were still brimming with Star Wars Black. No one cares to spend $20 for a 6 inch figure.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Yeah, wave 1 minus the Trooper is piling up at my Targets. Can't blame folks for not wanting to spend that. I only got Maul, R2, and Luke because they were $10 on amazon last week and it's pretty rare I buy anything these days. Still would've bought Fett regardless, but now I might get a few more. Can't see myself buying much from the newer films though at $20, but now I guess I even have to buy C3PO when I probably wouldn't have before.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars