Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Recent Acquirements: My B-Day!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Recent Acquirements: My B-Day!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:23 am

Well, they said 2020 was the year of the awakening and like Matt Hardy I was Woken! I was going through some kind of phase in the later part of 2020 looking through My old wrestling action figures among others and I was really kicking Myself in the @$$ really, really hard for not getting figures when I could when I had the dough and when they were available for good prices & quantities (As you may have seen earlier in My Christmas & B-Day topic...that was also a part of this phase that I have and am still going through). So, I will post all that I got from October to November of 2020. I will showcase them in order as I got them. Please look at the quick pics that I took and read each of the brief commentaries for each item as it is important to Me. Ok, let's begin this!

TNA Kevin Nash!: Along time ago back in 2010 I started collecting the original TNA figures by ToyBiz/Marvel Toys. I got many of them then but I was just delaying and delaying on getting him. WHY in the heck did I wait to get him for over 10 years when he is one of My favorite wrestlers of all-time? Anyway. I must say that I'm so pleased with him, I find him the best Nash figure ever. He came with a folding chair. He is of real scale (real height & weight) with other figures in the series. As you maybe can tell, he is like and in scale with Marvel Legends with tons of articulation. Now I did get a special 6 pack of Jakks TNA Championship Belts for My guys. He is wearing one in the pic and also is 2 unopened belts as well. As you see these are made years later after Jakks got the licence but they fit rather nicely!

The TNA JAKKS Title Belts continued. Now here is some of others that I got for My Jakks figures from a decade ago showcasing Scott Steiner, Hulk Hogan & Kevin Nash (notice how realistic the Marvel Toys version above compared to this one? They do fit really good as well on these as they are meant for these and other guys in the line.

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:24 am, edited 13 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Recent Acquirements from 2020 - Surprises Galore!

Godzilla: King of the Monsters Chibies! For a long while since 2019 I was looking for a set of figures from one of the greatest Godzilla movies ever and most were either to expensive or not to My liking. Then I found these Chibies by Max Fun. These are actually considered be cake toppers but who in the heck would put these finely sculpted figures on top of messy food? NOT ME  :shock:  Anyway, I got the whole set, it includes 2 versions of Godzilla (1 regular & 1 Atomic Breath), 3 versions of Mothra (2 Larvae & 1 Imago), Rodan the Fire Demon and last but certainly not least and My fave is the Death Song of Three Storms King Ghidorah! Despite these are really fragile, I am very pleased with them, the sculpting is tremendous and they look nearly identical to the concepts and versions seen in the movie! I just love these Titans/Kaijus!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Mcfarlane Toys X-Files: Fight The Future 3-pack! I have always loved the X-Files, watched since it's first episode in 93 and when the first film came out back in the great big year of 98 it was like an event for Me. I only wanted the gorgeous Scully figure, I had a huge crush on her back then. She was My first McFarlane Toy back in 98...I loved their Movie Maniacs (that will be another fun topic for another time in the near future). So, for months last year I was thinking of the X-Files, more than usual. So I wondered if I could get the 3-pack that I always wanted years ago was still available for a decent price and sure enough I was able too! I got it brand new and when I got it gosh that brought the back memories because I loved opening up McFarlane toys back in the day! The pack includes Scully, Mulder and the Attack Alien! They are sculpted so fine and IMO they were the first truly accurate depicted characters from a movie.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:24 am

SDCC GB Courtroom Battle Egon Spengler! Egon was the only one that I was missing for My Ghostbusters collection from Mattel's Ghostbusters movie line from the early 2010s! He was the last of the series and I needed him to complete not only My collection but also the Courtroom Battle trio with Ray Stanz & Peter Venkman. I am happy with him and especially I love all of the accessories he came with too!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:24 am

Tarzan the Epic Adventures Set! Oh WOW I did it! Over 25 years I finally got them! I kicked Myself so hard for NOT getting them years ago! These came out in 95/96 during the great time of true toy hunting/collecting and I remember going to Grandpa Pigeons (a local department store like Wal-Mart that I loved and found them much better than them that sadly went out of business) many times! During those years I kept on picking these guys up time after time and never got them. I loved the style of them and the packaging. They were made by one of My all-time fave figure companies TRENDMASTERS (sadly they too out of business) and they didn't disappoint Me. Nine figures in the set and each one is sculpted just wow with weapons (they are in a plastic bag in the box). I really like ERB's stories of Tarzan & John Carter...I feel that his stories & characters are so underrated and unappreciated. Oh and I got these the day before Thanksgiving of all days!  

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:25 am

Andre the Giant by Super7! Whoa now, I didn't expect to get this guy at all so how did I get him? Well long story short, since I haven't bought from them in many years, Sideshow toy e-mailed Me and told Me that My rewards were ready to expire soon so I hurried up and looked to see what they have. As you know I was a huge, huge Sideshow Collector and I featured My Universal Monster collection here within the forum. When they started following the trend like everybody else making Marvel, Star Wars, Disney characters and so many other properties that had been literally been made dozens of times by dozens of companies...I got so sick of it when they weren't making original items. Anyway, I had to find something within My rewards budget cuz everything cost so much now...it's insane really with all of these super sky-high prices...how can anybody afford anything anymore is way beyond Me? The older figures I got above (which are way older mind you) are cheaper than today's modern offerings and IMO in a way I find them much, much better. Anyway after searching for a long while on the newly revamped site (I like the old school one from the 2000s way better) I found Andre the Giant by Super7 and as a huge Andre the Giant fan he was a must (again he was very expensive and much more than what I paid for any of the figures that I just showed you...it's ridiculous!) so there it was finalized though a lot of My rewards was left out due to shipping because they don't allow that discount towards shipping which I found very disappointing!. I had just saw the other day that he had been released and didn't really think about getting him due to the ridiculous cost of today's figures. Anyway, I am familiar with Super7 as I got a few MOTUC from them back in 2018 (again insane prices) so I thought he should be a good figure and he is! This version is of a very obscure appearance from the 70s! He came on Black Friday so I considered him a Black Friday gift to Myself!

Well, that is all for today. I hope you liked this. Please talk about these and your thoughts, questions  and such. Till next time, I'll see you around :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:26 pm

Did not know they did Godzilla chibi figures like that. You really do collect a lot of different things! Hats off to you my friend.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:41 am

OneNineSix wrote:Did not know they did Godzilla chibi figures like that. You really do collect a lot of different things! Hats off to you my friend.

Indeed they do OneSixNine. I do, I just like a lot of stuff. Thanks dude :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Tango X » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:56 pm

Brandon is king of obscure but cool toy posts. :o
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:28 am

Tango X wrote:Brandon is king of obscure but cool toy posts. :o

Well thanks Tango X, I would like to think I am a king of something ;) Yeah, I tend to like the obscure, underrated, forgotten stuff that either people forgot about or didn't even know about...been like that for a long time :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to General Discussions