Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My DC Movie Masters Collection + BONUES!

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

My DC Movie Masters Collection + BONUES!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:36 am

So here is DC update #3 and it's gonna be a massive edition, one of the biggest showcases I have ever done! This is going to be the DC Movie Masters by Mattel! Now these guys are from the live action movies hence the line name. These all consist from the films of the 2000s including Superman Returns, Batman Begins & The Dark Knight plus some cool bonus stuff as well. Superman & Batman never crossed over with these film unfortunately (gosh, what a pathetic missed opportunity that was :roll: Now, as always, keep in mind I do not have the whole collection of any of these and accessories are misplaced and I will also provide My brief commentary as usual.. So without further ado here we go!

SUPERMAN RETURNS!

S3 - S3lect Sculpt Invulnerable Superman: I got this guy at My local Target (I shopped there a ton then) in 2006 when the movie was getting ready to be released (Me & Mom would see it together at the show a couple weeks or so after the crowds slowed down) and I thought Mattel's line was pretty nifty but I really wasn't looking to collect like them like DCUC, I just wanted a good figure version of this Superman and that's really it. Mattel's S3 or Select Sculpt series was pretty on par with the current products by other companies at the time and this "invulnerable" version was extremely to My liking. He is in 6" scale and basically is a statue but that was fine with Me. The sculpting overall is top notch and IMO is one of Mattel's finest offerings from any series and the likeness of Brandon Routh is quite decent. His face is nearly spot on as is his physique. I love the background display with all of the bullet holes there and all of the empty shells on the ground. Of course the whole "action" feature of this "diorama"-like display is the bullets ricocheting off of his chest!

10" Superman: While I only wanted a "legitimate" version of "The Man of Steel", I also saw a cool 10 inch tall version over at Target that was to My liking since I like figures that are 1/6 scale or close to it. This figure's sculpting & likeness is also dynamic. Unlike his smaller counterpart, he has a cloth cape and he does have some POA with a ball-socket head & shoulders, cut hips and hinged knees & ankles. He is almost like a Roto-cast figure IMO (a cool trend that companies like ToyBiz was making at the time that I miss) and is very fun to handle and display.  

14" Hyperposeable Superman: Again, as a fan of large figures, I knew this guy was coming out due to figure news pages. It wasn't till I guess about a month or so after the film came (don't quote Me on that) I got him at Toys "R" Us getting some new Star Wars figures (I remember seeing them brand new TNA figures by ToyBiz...a Sting vs. Monster Abyss 2-pack...man I should've got it and I regret it to this day) which I was really on a very thin budget at the time. I had Skinner from the X-Files pre-ordered from Sideshow Toys and since he was so exclusive they cancelled orders so then I thought well, I could use that saved up money for this great Superman and I'm glad I did! His likeness is superb and I love his body. Some say he is 12" or 13" tall, really is very near 14" in height! His POA is really out of this world. His fingers are even articulated! Sure, he isn't the most articulated figure ever but for Mattel, they did a pretty darn good job here! He is a bit on the fragile side as his plastic seems a little thin.

BONUS GALLERY!

All 3 Superman comparison!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My DC Movie Masters Collection + BONUSES!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:39 am

o during the heyday of Matty Collector, My wallet was already getting thin with the starting with the MOTUC, GBCs and the offerings of other great stuff such as Avatar, My budget was kinda gettin' pounded because Mattel just revealed in 2010 I believe at Toyfair or maybe it was at SDCC that they were making 1/6 figures from the original Superman movies. I was already collecting 1/6-12" figures for many years prior so I was really exited about this. They were not part of a subscription so you had to be at your PC when the store would open in the morning like 11:00 CST AM :shock: I would be there getting the new hot items. I'd get em' and talk to the guys on the Matty board there all about it. I know Matty Collector and Digital River had their issues but I really miss those times. So when they were released I made sure I get all of them!

Superman: This is the Christopher Reeves version! His clothing is all cloth and vinyl material. His likeness is great, kinda sad to look at him though to be honest :(  I never take his clothing off but I can tell that he has a lot of POA. Maybe not as much as some other 1/6 figures that the most avid 1/6 collector would desire but he has a lot (I mean Matte isn't known for a lot of 12" figures (Barbie doesn't count IMO).

Lex Luthor: What a great likeness of Gene Hackman! Same description for Superman goes for him as well!

Lord Zod: Look at the awesome likeness of Terence Stamp! I just love the calm demeanor of this figure. He has the same description as his counterparts above!

BONUS GALLERY!

Accessories

Superman's Flight Stand!

Lex Luthor meets Superman!

Lord Zod vs. Superman!

Group shot!

Superman Returns &amp; Superman 1978: Keep in mind, when Routh was Supes, SR was the direct sequel to Superman II so he was playing the same exact role as Reeves in the same exact universe and really I thought he was great, arguably the most perfect choice to do so IMO!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:39 am

SUPER BONUS GALLERY!

My background that I used was My Superman Returns movie books!

Here is the collector's cup that I kept when Me & My Mom went to see the film together in 2006!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:42 am

Next up is My Batman Begins & The Dark Knight collection! So about a year before Superman Returns, there was a reboot of Batman called Batman Begins, I was originally stoked about it at first because I thought is was gonna be a prequel to the original movie 80s and 90s franchise but when I found out that is was actually a remake then I was kinda bummed about it (the original 89 - 97 Batman series is My fave). So like anything as usual, I just accepted it and wanted to see it (Me & Mom saw that at the show in 2005 along with many other great ones that year....wow I loved 2005!) since it still looked terrific. So here is My showcase of Batman Begins!

14" Oversized Batman: When Me and and My Grandma were at Target in 2005, I was looking in the action figure aisle as always, she saw that I liked the Batman figures there and so she insisted that she would buy this really tall Batman figure for Me. I was like no but she did (it was like the old days when she would get Me tons of stuff when I was much younger). He has a very good likeness and has a good amount of POA. His cape is cloth and has an action feature where he spreads it like wings! He also came with a cool Batarang as well.  

The Scarecrow & Ra's Al Gul: I wasn't initially going to collect the line but I saw these guys over at My usual local Walgreens and I couldn't pass them up. These figures are really good but they were mostly basic and precursors as to what the Movie Masters would become. They strongly resemble the versions seen in the film with added toy-flair and inspiration. The Scarecrow is a very decent figure and looks quite spooky. He is actually dual-faced, a feature that is rarely used by figure companies (see My Vintage Action Figure topic on when this feature was used originally in My REMCO Defenders showcase! and is a feature that I miss. His feature is his face changes expressions via a thin translucent dome that light shines through his cranium and out his eyes. He also has a cool gun that sprays a mist via a water gun feature. Ra's Al Gul's likeness is very good of Liam Neeson. He has removable shoulder plates and a large wrist gauntlet blade. He has no action feature. These figure has basic POA with the typical cuts & hinges however The Scarecrow's right shoulder is ball-jointed.

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:43 am

THE DARK KNIGHT!

So here we go with The Dark Knight, where Movie Masters series was truly in full force. These were available at stores and some were exclusives which I got all of these figures from Matty Collector before the days of the subscription option where to a head. I wanted to collect this series, in fact I was quite serious about it. These figures are more movie accurate and I loved the way they were made with realism and how the POA is. They all have the same POA with ball-jointed necks & shoulders, bicep & wrist cuts and hinged elbows, hips, knees, and ankles. Like I said, they are great looking, I love the sculpting!

Survival Suit Bruce Wayne from Batman Begins!

Batman: The Dark Knight

Nigh Vision Batman

The Scarecrow in suit

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:43 am

The Joker as Gotham City Thug: Sometimes I pretend this a new character/thug and NOT the Joker!

The Joker: jail cell version!

The Joker: standard version!

Harvey Dent

Two-Face

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:44 am

Bruce Wayne to Batman (SDCC) Exclusive: Here is special visual take on this edition!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:45 am

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Giant Superman & Batman size comparison!

The Blister Card: It's good but gosh, I've always thought it lacked so much.

Batman Begins Scarecow & Ra's Al Gul size comparison with MM: TDK!

Harvey Two-Face and his Liberty coin!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:46 am

Examples of the reuse and similarity of these suited bodies with Harvey Dent and Movie Masters Ghostbusters Classics Walter Peck (look for Me to showcase My GBCs in the near future!

An example of DC vs. Marvel figures during the 2007-2008 era, I was really displeased with Hasbro's Fantastic Four scale (look for more of that and much, much more in My Marvel update!

Movie Masters S3lection!

Group shots!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:48 am

SUPER BONUS GALLERY!

My background that I used was My Batman Begins movie books!

Special Entry: My Batman Begins special Deluxe DVD edition with EXCLUSIVE comic book!

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel