Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Ghostbusters: The Official Thread!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Ghostbusters: The Official Thread!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:19 am

I am a huge Ghostbusters fan. I was and still is the second thing I love as much as MOTU! Read below, you'll how big of a fan I am :shock: Talk about anything Ghostbusters, show your love for it, what it means to you and everything else!

First and foremost, what is your favorite things of the Ghostbusters and what your fondest memories! Is your favorite GB character not actual GB? Is there a female character in the franchise that is your favorite that is not Dana? Do you love the musical scores and soundtrack of the movies? I will only talk about the two films & the RGB, and the older games (never played the new ones yet). You can combine your favorites if you want or however you like. I will just do Mine My way, you guys do it yours!

Favorite characters of the films!

The Ghostbusters!

Walter Peck

Jack Hardemeyer

Vigo the Carpathian
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Ghostbusters: The Official Thread!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:20 am

Favorite parts of GB 1 & GB 2:

GB 1: The Columbia logo and the first scene with the New York Library Lion!

GB 1: When Dana is scared in her kitchen and open her fridge!

GB 1: The Hall in the Motel when the GB are walking.

GB 1: The Judgement Day scene when Ray & Winston are talking.

GB 2: When Vigo appears for the first time!

GB 2: Peter and his World of the Psychic set with his guests!

GB 2: When Egon was researching Vigo on his computer.

GB 2: When Egon & Ray was telling Peter about Vigo.

GB 2: When Vigo came out of the painting!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:20 am

Favorites Special effects of the films!

Still amazing to this day!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:21 am

Favorite Cues & Songs

Library & Title, Halls, Judgement Day: Elmer Bernstein

Hot Night: Laura Branigan

Magic: Mick Smiley

In The Name Of Love: The Thompson Twins

On Our Own & We're Back: Bobby Brown

Flesh 'N Blood: Danny Elfman & Oingo Boingo
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:21 am

Fondest Memories of Ghostbusters

My Grandma renting Me it dozens of times then buying it for Me when I was very little!

Playing the old Ghostbuster game on My Mom's Commodore 64!

Playing GB 1 & GB 2 on the regular NES and then GB on Genesis!

My Grandma getting Me a ton of RGB figures!

Watching the RGB on TV when it originally aired!

Going to Hardees getting the little GB 2 electronics and then going to the show and seeing GB 2 in 89!

In 2010 seeing the special Blu-Ray projection at My local theater and then seeing the super special re-release of Ghostbusters at the same complex in 2011!

There you go guys! Share yours now!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:27 am

Here is a SPECIAL flash back post from Me on the Matty Board back in 2011 :)

Well, I thought of getting some excitement going on the board since I have been very down about the Mattel GB series situation so I thought about this, I hope you guys join in with Me:)

I know this has been talked about a couple times already here and it's a while 'till the 13th of October but I thought let's ALL join together and see how many of us will, won't and DOES see the special re-release of the first Ghostbusters film!

Talk about why you want or don't want to go. Did you see it before at the show when it originally came out? What DO you got planned like is it a little special event to you that you and others together will see it? Are you going to dress up as a GB that day? How many times do you want and plan to see it? Are you going to try to get somebody to like and know Ghostbusters like your girlfriend/wife, child etc.? Is GB the only movie you plan on seeing that night? TALK about it guys!

After it's all said and done THEN post how your time went and what you did!

Does your local theater have any advertisements of the special showing of Ghostbusters? If they do, post it HERE! Here is Mine below!

I for one WANT to see is VERY bad again! It is so awesome that it's being re-released! In fact, I'm planning on seeing it with The Thing prequel which I'm a REALLY big fan of John Carpenter's The Thing as well as the original one from the 50s so I think the whole experience will be a great one!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Also in the mean time I'll post what I said before just in case you didn't read it.

Now, as an added bonus, I've included something that I wrote months ago on the board in another topic about something similar, I hope you guys enjoy it!

Even though I did see it when it originally came out is all I remember is seeing Ray with Ecto-goggles on so this leads to... I was lucky to see it again when I could appreciate it in November, 2010 during an After Dark showing (vintage cult favorite movies via a Blu-Ray projection) at My great local and huge Wehrenberg Theater complex late at night. There was a guy (I have no idea who he was) dressed up in a Ghostbusters uniform, even with the proton pack and I said awesome to him with a thumbs up and he simply said thanks. There was a manager guy asking some trivia to win show tickets for a pass to all the other After Dark showings which unfortunately he didn't pick Me, man I knew the answer:( So overall it was an incredible experience to see one of My all-time favorite movies and one of the greatest films ever made on the big screen and it's one I always wanted to see. I also saw Skyline & Paranormal Activity 2 that night as well before I saw Ghostbusters (it's quite fun to see more than one movie at the show:cool:)

Now back in 1989 I remember it like it was yesterday that I saw Ghostbusters II which was something else, I had watched the first movie dozens of times before the sequel on tape and seeing the second one was a treat now bring on Ghostbusters III! I suggest if any of your local theaters have a showing of either or both classic film don't pass it up no matter what you do!
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:27 am

Well guys, I just got back from the show, it was a great night. I'll post some details with some pics I made for a fun bonus, I hope you enjoy them! I saw the Ghostbusters & The Thing! Are you ready?

Pre-Ghostbusters showing!

When I got My tickets I saw a young gal & guy as GBs! I gave'em a thumbs up and said awesome to them:D

The Ghostbusters Showing!

A ton of people was there, nearly a sell out! After eating My Hot dog & Nachos and Cheese, the movie's starting time was almost near. The guy I saw as a GB came in and introduced himself that he was part of a GB association. He gave us history lessons of GB and stuff. A little kid asked him if the movie is scary and he replied "oh yeah, its terrifying but there is comedy so that is good". He asked if anybody else had questions and I said to him I do but it's not a question, I'm glad to see and know that he's a GB historian, that is so cool! I'm not sure what he thought about that. So he spoke some more about the film and the usual about GB 3 stuff then he left. He was a nice guy. His costume seemed very authentic (very similar like Tripoli and the rest of you dudes!) and really he was a nice treat! There was some little kids there, around the age i was when I first the film in 84, I'm like I hope they know what their watching and their parents taught them well about GB and how special it is! Oh by the way, there was a guy in audience there with a GB suit, no proton pack and also a kid was dressed up in a GB suit but with a proton pack!

The movie starts and it's the same old Ghostbusters film that I love. The picture from beginning to end seemed flawless, it was like perfect! Such an epic classic. Seeing the 4 guys and the rest is just fun. The special effects to Me still holds it's own even by today's standards! The score by Elmer Bernstein and the rest of the songs are still superb! It was ALL just so great! After the movie was over and Slimer went to the camera I clapped and the everybody clapped as well, yep I started it!

Last night was the final showing of Ghostbusters here and I'm so thankful that I got to see it again, two years in a row at the same theater around the same time!

I leave the room, eat pizza, toasted ravs and fries and watch the World Series at their nice diner and then play a giant claw machine at their arcades and get Mr. Plow/Homer Simpson! Almost got Jerry the Mouse as well. Then it is almost time to see the Thing!

Pre-information about The Thing!

I loved the 1951 classic but I really digged John Carpenter's version. I'm a big fan of his. It's unbelievable that it had been 30 years for this to be made. Like Tron: Legacy, a much needed sequel of Tron, (another one that just came in about 30 years) it was very necessary to continue the Thing story and make it a prequel and NOT a remake! In My opinion if there was anything to continue The Thing's story it HAD TO BE A PREQUEL!

The Thing!

I was very pleased with the story, acting, actors, special effects and score! The lead by Mary Elizabeth Winstead was surprisingly good. I like her, a really nice looking cool gal. Joel Edgerton and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje were quite good as well. Seeing the great continuance of the alien and actually seeing it's spaceship was fantastic. Gory yes but CGI gore. Marco Beltrami's score is phenomenal and dynamic, the score of the year (so far)! Not familiar with the director & crew but it was very much like the 82 film, it seemed like they were destined to do this! I digged this movie as well, I seen a lot this year and I think it's the best film I saw at the theater thus far!

Aftermath!

WOW, I saw a classic movie and new prequel, that is just so dang great and fun! I'm very thankful for this! Now I'm hoping that soon Ghostbusters 2 and the 1982 The Thing will be showing soon! I saw GB2 in 89 at the show but would love to see it again and i was way too young to see the 82 Thing, I'd love to have the chance to see it now! It's a very, very long shot but it could happen and if it does I'll be there!

So there you go guys, you got questions, I may have the answers, LOL. Comments are welcomed and appreciated, thanks in advance!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:54 am

If John Belushi was a Ghostbuster :(

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:13 am

Great thread, and right on time for Halloween! :akgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:31 am

AcidDragon wrote:Great thread, and right on time for Halloween! :akgrin:

Thanks a lot dude :) Hah, what a coincidence ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to General Discussions