Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

SWL's Pickups

The central catch all topic for your collections! Share all of your awesome collections/display setups that you've built and see what others have put together!

SWL's Pickups

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:21 am

I really should start, like, posting the things I get, right? It's only a collection if people see it; otherwise it's just a hoard.

So here's some stuff that's come in recently. First, from a BBTS Pile of Loot:
Super 7 Simpsons Deep Space Homer!

I know he's pricey, and I get why people don't think this line merits the price, but the heft of him really feels substantial. Even just the head sculpts are sizable. The colors pop, the facial expressions are great. I'm not going to be a completist, but this is a worthy line to pick from. King Size Homer's going to be huge.

Marvel Legends Yelena Belova Black Widow and WWE Elite 100 Becky Lynch

Finally a comic Yelena to add to my Jeff Parker Thunderbolts lineup! I always loved the spider-eyes sense that her goggles give off, it's a nice design touch. And a good, solid Becky for Elite 100. White ring gear is always class.

HeroQuest Mage of the Mirror expansion

My HeroQuest pile gets bigger but my game group is like 3 months into Frosthaven and that's not slowing down anytime soon.

New Records!
Graveyard Club - Moonflower (I think I linked some of their music around Halloween), Real Friends - There's Nothing Worse Than Too Late (tour exclusive vinyl color; I saw them live recently), and a recent reissue of Junko Ohashi's 1984 album Magical. My city pop collection has gotten kinda out of control.

Stardom Tam Nakano sukajan jacket!
Preordered it after Christmas. I think she probably wears it better, but I still love this thing so much. And it got here in time for me to wear it to the NJPW show in Philly on Sunday! Shame there's no Stardom wrestlers there this time like there were at the October show (this weekend clashed with a Stardom tournament final), but it's still gonna be pretty great.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: SWL's Pickups

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:00 am

That Yelena isn't bad. All I see when I look at Marvel Legends these days are potential clearance fodder. Stuff has gotten too expensive and expansive to buy regularly. I like the idea of a Simpsons line in theory, just another space and price issue. Maybe our alien insect overlords can help with that. I, for one, welcome them.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:01 am

packerbacker180 wrote:That Yelena isn't bad. All I see when I look at Marvel Legends these days are potential clearance fodder. Stuff has gotten too expensive and expansive to buy regularly. I like the idea of a Simpsons line in theory, just another space and price issue. Maybe our alien insect overlords can help with that. I, for one, welcome them.

Yeah, I've been dipping my toes into simple custom stuff, most of my ML buying is for that. It's rare when I actually get to add to my one team collection for it (they're gonna make Troll any day now!). Wrestling is my only major ongoing figure collection now, so picking up a Simpsons figure or two each wave actually fits my budget, especially since I get so many free wrestling figures through my copywriting for RSC. Like, I'll get Bartman and Hank Scorpio, Mr. Burns, maybe Ralph, King Size Homer, maybe Devil Flanders. I'm hoping they make Lisa from Summer of 4 Ft. 2; I don't think even Playmates made one and that's such a classic episode-specific look.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:48 am

Hank Scorpio and Rex Banner would be my greatest temptations. For many years back when I still did fantasy sports my team's name was almost always Hank Scorpio's Doomsday Device.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:03 pm

Oh, that is a fantastic name.

Yeah, Scorpio's in Wave 2, he's a get for me. I think the novelty/episode-specific focus of this line is kind of a blessing, it lets me feel comfortable cherry picking. They don't seem to be aiming for a World of Springfield kind of approach here, although I know a few Simpsons fans who will probably buy into the entire line.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to Action Figure Collections