Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Doc's DCUC Custom-o-rama

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Doc's DCUC Custom-o-rama

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:26 pm

Doc, you did a great job on these Legionnaires, bro!!! Especially love that Mon-El! Man, what a bummer we didn't get him even in that huge Legion pack.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby HectorHall » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:30 am

Love the Legion work Doc! Unfortunately, it reminds me of how much I have left to do to fill out my Legion collection :roll: All four are great additions to the set you've been building.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Illiasc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:41 am

Incredible job on the Legion of Superheroes, Doc! I also really like the bits of humor describing them. :smgrin:
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Hey Doc! Long time no see buddy and you came back with a bang. One hell of a job on those LOSH members. Love Dream Girl. So disappointed she was missed.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:11 am

Man you hit it out of the park again, Doc!!! That lower half skirting for Mon-El. Might I ask what did you use for that??
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad you like them (mostly I'm glad Neil is paying for them ha ha). The 12 that MATTEL put in the box were not the 12 I would have picked, squarely shoving ME-Lad over for Mon-El.

Mon-El's torso is the Golden Age Dr Mid Nite, with the chest re-sculpted and a new belt buckle.

For Christmas, I am trying to get White Witch, Polar Boy, and Blok done.

Neil specifically requested that Blok use the Lead/Darkseid CnC buck. I think that makes him too big in scale, but when the customer is willing to pay...
Doc
Partner
Partner

Postby HectorHall » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:51 pm

I used that Lead for Blok, and yes he is on the large side. I think that it works though. When you take the tunic off there is some gap issues to address. I am very interested to see how you pull off the White Witch. I haven't gotten to her yet and I would love to have some ideas.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:57 pm

Thanks man. Don't know how I didn't know that was Dr. Mid-Nite but it was probably because of the great job you did repurposing it!! :smwink:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doc » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

I plan on using Raven for White Witch. She already has the bicep sleeve sculpt and cool hand gestures.

However, I really could use your input. I am very very color blind. Is White Witch intended to be albino? Does she have a pink skin tint?
Doc
Partner
Partner

Postby HectorHall » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:18 am

I do think she is albino. At least the depiction in the Giffen era appeared to be.
Great call on the Raven base figure. Saw one for 7 bucks at a TJ Maxx last year and I couldn't figure what I would make with her......so I passed. DOH!
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs