Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

#FreeTheDelete Broken Matt Hardy

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

#FreeTheDelete Broken Matt Hardy

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:41 pm

Not sure if anyone has been following this but since about Halloween Matt Hardy has been posting short clips called #FreeTheDelete on youtube. His WWE contract is supposedly up around the start of March, so it looks like he may be preparing to return to his Broken Brilliance elsewhere once that happens (since his contract expires he wouldn't have to wait the 90 day no compete). Now, at first I didn't get the whole thing he as doing in TNA/Impact, but eventually it became one of the best things going on in wrestling at the time. WWE tried it, but it never got the push it really needed, and though he had a brief fun run with Bray as the Deleter of Worlds he's only been recently on Raw (ironically enough he was drafted to SD!) for squash matches.

So where should he go? Back to Impact? Sami Callihan vs Broken Matt could be go. AEW? ROH? NJPW?

Here's a compilation of the clips...

And then the newest one from a yesterday...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: #FreeTheDelete Broken Matt Hardy

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:55 pm

I don't know what Jeff Hardy status is ... but, I would like to see both of them going to ROH and be part of that organization and work part-time. I don't think IMPACT would want him back; but I just think that they could go to AEW ... but I don't think that Chris Jericho would want them around. I hate the FreeTheDelete gimmick and that's one of the MAIN reason that I don't care about IMPACT anymore. I'm just tired of seeing them ... period.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:28 pm

I believe Jeff Hardy's contract has a lot more time on it due to outside "issues" and injuries. WWE likes to tack on extra time for that, I guess. I think Impact would take him back in a second just to get more eyes on the product. But it probably offers a lot smaller viewing possibly as opposed to AEW. But what would he do on AEW? They certainly have some interesting characters like the Dark Order, Darby Allin, and maybe something like Villain Inc eventually that he could play off of. I think ROH would sadly be the least appealing, their product is a mess right now.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:21 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I believe Jeff Hardy's contract has a lot more time on it due to outside "issues" and injuries. WWE likes to tack on extra time for that, I guess. I think Impact would take him back in a second just to get more eyes on the product. But it probably offers a lot smaller viewing possibly as opposed to AEW. But what would he do on AEW? They certainly have some interesting characters like the Dark Order, Darby Allin, and maybe something like Villain Inc eventually that he could play off of. I think ROH would sadly be the least appealing, their product is a mess right now.

Based on what you said ... it is not an easy thing to do to place the Hardys. Jeff is 42 and Matt is 45 and I don't have TNA Impact Channel at all and I watch ROH occasionally and I'm not a fan of AEW. I just don't care for Raw and Smackdown at all and Vince is the major reason for my disappointment of WWE.

I think Japan would be okay ... but, I don't follow them that closely and Lucha Underground is a joke to me.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:54 pm

Lucha Underground is defunct. NJPW isn't on AXS TV anymore apparently because they wouldn't work with Impact since it also moved to AXS. I DVR Impact but rarely watch it. When you're pushing out RVD, Ken Shamrock, Tommy Dreamer, etc. I think I'll pass. I barely watch Raw or SD, there isn't anything I find remotely compelling on either. Even The Fiend lost it's interest with me after Saudi Arabia. I mostly enjoy AEW. This last week wasn't great, but overall it's been pretty good. NXT is worth watching, too. NWAPower isn't awful if you check it out on youtube.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:14 am

The rumor is Matt's the hidden power behind the Dork Order that they've hinted at. AEW's overflowing with weirdos and occult gimmicks, but Broken/Woken/Karaoken Matt has tons of credibility that you can't get from any of the other Don't Look in the Basement gimmicks (except Awesome Kong, of course).

And whoa whoa whoa. AXS kicked NJPW off! That's not on NJPW. Don't let those Impact jerks fool you. (Can't wait until Tessa's out of her contract there. Either she goes to WWE and wrestles the best women in the world, or she goes to AEW and that division finally has a star who's not pushing 40.)
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:24 am

Probably not a good day to talk about Tessa Blanchard. I still expect Tessa to beat Callihan tonight at the PPV to win the Impact title, even with what happened online recently...https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonu ... c9d3c62f1a

I've read her contract expires in April, so that's not something immediate.

I think AEW would be fun for Matt Hardy. I'd expect him more to be up against the Dark Order unless they turn them face, which I'm not sure is possible. They teased Dark Order trying to get Christopher Daniels to join, and a heel Fallen Angel Daniels as the "Higher Power" could work but would they do that to SCU? Not sure. Still, Daniels being the Higher Power 20 years after the WWE rumors would be interesting.

I enjoy the Broken gimmick. WWE pretty much neutered it.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:52 am

Packer and Second ... I'm thinking that the best thing for Matt to just forget about getting back to Pro Wrestling ... I'm not a fan of AEW at all and I just find that Chris Jericho is not my favorite wrestler and the general makeup of that Wrestling League that Cody Rhodes and others are part of is really a bad league to begin with. About a third of them has no wrestling mechanics and perform horribly. If he does go to AEW ... it will be a bad decision. NWA would be a good fit ... Rock and Roll Express won their 9th Tag Team Title and that might work out for them. Not a easy decision for Matt.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:24 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Probably not a good day to talk about Tessa Blanchard. I still expect Tessa to beat Callihan tonight at the PPV to win the Impact title, even with what happened online recently...https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonu ... c9d3c62f1a

I've read her contract expires in April, so that's not something immediate.

I think AEW would be fun for Matt Hardy. I'd expect him more to be up against the Dark Order unless they turn them face, which I'm not sure is possible. They teased Dark Order trying to get Christopher Daniels to join, and a heel Fallen Angel Daniels as the "Higher Power" could work but would they do that to SCU? Not sure. Still, Daniels being the Higher Power 20 years after the WWE rumors would be interesting.

I enjoy the Broken gimmick. WWE pretty much neutered it.

Ohhhhhhh crap. I hadn't seen that. I knew Tessa's had some backstage problems, but the most prominent one I knew about was her breakup with Ricochet, where she was allegedly going to beat him down, plus the woman he cheated on her with (who I think was Kacy Catanzaro? I know he dated her later, but I don't know if she was definitely involved in this whole deal). I was leaning towards her side on that one, because hey, she got cheated on. I get it. And the story is likely to have been exaggerated besides.

But oof, that is a lot of people corroborating those stories. Allysin Kay in particular is one of the most respected, well-traveled women on the indie scene, I would tend to trust her. It sucks that Tessa's such a trainwreck, because she's supremely talented, probably one of the top 10 women's wrestlers in North America right now.

AEW is schizophrenic madness at this point, which is where Matt thrives. I think he could make it work. I think the Daniels thing is just a tease, personally - SCU's a popular act, and I don't think Daniels is likely to break off anytime soon. Especially since Scorp's probably gonna be the singles guy out of the group.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:23 am

Everything is so frenetic in AEW that it's hard to tell how far ahead they are planning.

I still think Tessa beats Sami today. The publicity of a woman winning the men's title is probably too much to pass up, and Impact can use any kind of press I suppose. But maybe not. The timing of it all is rather dubious.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to AEW