Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

MJF: Better Than You, and You Know It

It's All Elite Wrestling, and you know what that means. Inside it's All In for a superkick party. Double or Nothing, it's Dynamite!

MJF: Better Than You, and You Know It

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:12 am

Since the debut of AEW MJF has been involved in some of the better storyliness and cut some of the best promos. Go back and watch his stuff vs Cody, or Jericho, or his amazing back and forth with CM Punk. But last night the 26 year old laid one out for the ages.

Context, for months MJF has casually mentioned he might go to WWE once his contract is up in the rumored early part of 2024. It's a great way for a heel to piss off AEW fans. Then "rumors" started that he wanted a raise and had a falling out with Tony Khan. Work? Shoot? Work shoot? It's hard to tell though there's always kernels of truth in the best storylines, and wrestling is often at it's best when the lines are blurred a bit.

So late Saturday news broke the MJF skipped a fan event and had purchased a plane ticket out of Vegas but never boarded. So now there were questions about his PPV match vs Wardlow as it now seemed in jeopardy. Of course, when the PPV started MJF's music was the first to hit, making it seem like it was more work than shoot. Whether he really was angry over his contract and wanted out or not, MJF did the job and ate 10 powerbombs to the Goldberg-esque Wardlow and was taken out on a stretcher making me wonder if he'd be off TV for a bit, storyline or not.

Well, it was not. And MJF came out last night and cut a scathing promo which I personally described as part Loose Cannon, part Pipebomb. Hell, it was a nuke. And there's a moment here where MJF is yelling in to the camera that I see a twinkle of Ric Flair in his eyes and mannerisms. I'm thinking this is 70% work with 30% shoot behind it. And there was so much truth to MJF was saying that he almost veered himself right in to anti-hero territory. And then they cut his mic and went to commercial. And when they came back none of the commentators, JR, Tony, Excalibur, said anything about what just happened instead going back to comment on the opening match as if the whole MJF thing was a total shoot. AEW's twitter page, which had even started tweeting some of MJF's segment, quickly deleted the posts further adding to the real feeling of the thing. Heck, it's not even on AEW's youtube page despite the number of hits it would probably garner.

So MJF hits another "grand slam", and everyone around him are hitting all the right tiny details to help blur the lines here and it's fabulous. And now we can all just sit back and see where this goes...

26 years old. SMH.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MJF: Better Than You, and You Know It

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:51 am

Wow, that was :o I didn't see it before, not sure where this is going and if this is legit or not. I seen MJF since the beginning of AEW so I'seen everything till a while ago. Would he be good and treated good in WWE? I mean their changing a lot of NXT names to the main roster but would they allow a similar deal like Cody where he keeps everything?
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:58 am

Wow, that was :o I didn't see it before, not sure where this is going and if this is legit or not. I seen MJF since the beginning of AEW so I'seen everything till a while ago. Would he be good and treated good in WWE? I mean their changing a lot of NXT names to the main roster Pete Dunne to Butch & Raquel Gonzales to Raquel Rodriquez which those are only examples and there's still more apparently to come but would they allow a similar deal like Cody where he keeps everything and become a like a main player :?:

One thing I agree with MJF is people with their phones. I get sick of it, their into the phones more than the matches and they miss so much. I got sick of it at the movie theater too, I mean DID they pay that money to watch the wresting or movie or to be on THE PHONE :? Gosh I miss the times when people had the attention on the things it was supposed to be on. Its so pathetic you can't have actually have talk to a person without their phone I mean you can't even have a normal conversation with people on phones anymore :batrage:

Anyway, MJF just made Me think and rant a little because it just irks Me yet and it's gonna be fun to see where this possible angle goes from here :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:50 pm

They're really playing this up. There was no mention of MJF on Dynamite at all, and his merch and bio are gone from AEW's site. Wonder when he "invades"? I'm guessing maybe he shows up at Hidden Door and interferes in the main event.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:39 am

Yeah, let' a see how it plays out.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to AEW