Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Batman: My little Collection!

Topics include figures inspired by Batman the Animated Series, the Justice League Unlimited figure series by Mattel, the Young Justice action figure series, Beware the Batman and much more!

The Batman: My little Collection!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:54 am

So, it was during the early 2000s but it was really the middle 2000s about 2006 I found out about a new animated TV show called "The Batman" (it takes A LOT for Me to get into modern cartoons as opposed to the classic 80s & 90s ones because let's face it, their are hard to beat, only MOTU 200X & TMNT 03 were the ones that got Me!). I was a huge fan of the original Batman the Animated Series from 1992 so I checked it all out and thought it would be pretty good so as usual I went to My local Target and they had the figures inspired from the series. So they had the newer series/sub-series called "The Batman" EXP (Extreme Power) which basically has most of the same figures seen in the previous series just with some differences like accessories and packaging. These figures are made by Mattel as they have had the license for quite a while already during this time obtaining it after it ran-out from Kenner/Hasbro during years prior. I didn't get the whole series because I had been collecting so much other stuff like that along with much more expensive things from Sideshow & Hot Toys but I was more faithful collecting 03 TMNT however. So with that being said, I only have a handful of them and a couple bonuses. OK without further ado, I just took some brief pics so here they are :!:

Group: What a gallery ? NOTE: Most accessories are not present.

The Killer Croc: He is My favorite of the whole lot and I love his design and still looks like an actual animal/monster hybrid IMO.

Clayface: I think it's a really cool design and really look spooky as well.

The Riddler: A refreshing design but not My favorite.

The Joker: I think this design is very creative and makes him look truly insane!

The Batman, Batgirl and Metal Head: I liked the caped-crusaders designs as they looked original and continuing the usual looks at the same time. Metal Head looks good but how even though it's spelled a little different, how did they get away with the same name as about the rights of TMNT's Metalhead since some of Mattel's MOTU characters' name changed due to trademarks?

BONUS: Temblor: He looks good and is really bulky. Kinda reminds of TMNT's (2003) Hun for some reason.

OVERSIZED: The Batman & The Joker: I had to get these guys. They basically have the same sculpts as the standard versions but are really cool.

Super bonus: Comparison of Kenner/Hasbro MM Joker & Mattel's The Joker: I must say, as much as a crazy cool design the new Joker is, I like it as much as previous Jokers if not more however, I prefer the original Batman Animated Series along with it's figures much more than these figures and it's show as a whole. Why? I just find the times better, the way the figures were and the way the plastic is and their overall designs. Sure, Mattel's has some more POA in some cases but IMO they lack that classic nostalgia of the originals and arguably that is one of My biggest aspects entirely to have in an action figure :!:

Well that's it about this series, I hope you have enjoyed this, comments please & questions if ya got'em :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: The Batman: My little Collection!

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:56 pm

Wow, I forgot how way out some of the character designs were. When this first came out, I hated it and didn't really give it a chance. Batman the Animated Series was my Batman and I wouldn't give anything else a shot. However, when this series started to wind down, I finally gave it a chance and it was actually pretty good. These are some very cool figures. Thanks for sharing, Brandon.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:52 am

AcidDragon wrote:Wow, I forgot how way out some of the character designs were. When this first came out, I hated it and didn't really give it a chance. Batman the Animated Series was my Batman and I wouldn't give anything else a shot. However, when this series started to wind down, I finally gave it a chance and it was actually pretty good. These are some very cool figures. Thanks for sharing, Brandon.

Your welcome dude, glad to see I wasn't alone about the original :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:41 pm

Nice collection you have there Brandon!! I had the JL members from that series but have since parted ways in my downsizing efforts.

I remember when that show first aired and I was excited for it. Then I saw The Joker for the first time and I didn’t know what to think...liked the voice but hated the art.

Then I just let it all go and accepted it and I loved that series!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:15 am

Thanks Idiot Savant, I appreciate that very much :D That is cool to know dude, I glad that you liked the series after all ;)

Speaking of JLA, I will be posting a topic about them momentarily so please stay tuned for that :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Return to DC Animated Universe Figure Lines