Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Brian Bolland Art Books About To Be Pulped! Get one @ $7.78!

Talk comic books with other fans whether it's the latest New 52 material or some good old classics!

Brian Bolland Art Books About To Be Pulped! Get one @ $7.78!

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:59 pm

I saw this on another forum and I thought I'd post it here. Brian Bolland artbooks for $7.78, he'll even sign 'em! Image is apparently pulping them if they don't get sold so I'm going to get a couple copies since I collect stuff like this and I enjoyed his work on Animal Man, Doom Patrol and Bats. :batshock:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brian Bolland Art Books About To Be Pulped! Get one @ $7

Postby Fate of the World » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:52 am

AcidDragon wrote:I saw this on another forum and I thought I'd post it here. Brian Bolland artbooks for $7.78, he'll even sign 'em! Image is apparently pulping them if they don't get sold so I'm going to get a couple copies since I collect stuff like this and I enjoyed his work on Animal Man, Doom Patrol and Bats. :batshock:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

My LCS ... has them and thinking about getting it very soon ... I have to make a trip there in the next 7-10 days from now. I do like his work.

Fate of the World and Doctor Fate ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Fate of the World
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:04 pm

Mucho appreciado for the heads up!!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Avalon » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:48 am

That's a nice deal but I tried following the order link after using the link you gave but it doesn't let you checkout or anything. Weird.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:12 pm

What I received from IMAGE after contacting them...

Hello,

There was some misunderstanding that took place about that book in particular leading to particularly fast spreading misinformation.

Sorry about that. You can order the book from your local comic shop just like any other book, though! They'd be happy to do that for you.

Thanks for your interest!

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 4:30 AM Brian Grall <bg3699bg@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I saw on a DC Comic Facebook page that you guys are selling THE ART OF BRIAN BOLLAND hardcover.

I took a look on your website and couldn’t find any mention of it. The same page also mentioned I can get it autographed as well.

Would you be able to direct me to where I can pick one up?

Thank you,
Brian

Sent from my iPhone
Show Quoted Content
On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 4:30 AM Brian Grall <bg3699bg@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I saw on a DC Comic Facebook page that you guys are selling THE ART OF BRIAN BOLLAND hardcover.

I took a look on your website and couldn’t find any mention of it. The same page also mentioned I can get it autographed as well.

Would you be able to direct me to where I can pick one up?

Thank you,
Brian

Sent from my iPhone

--
-Image Comics
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:13 pm

Not very helpful at all
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Avalon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:28 pm

Crappy. Thanks for looking into it anyway Idiot Savant. This sucks major cahoneys for Brian Bolland too and it should be considered an insult to a great artist who has to see his books scrapped because Image can't figure out how to distribute them properly. If this is any indication of how the figure line is going to be like then we're in real trouble.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Return to DC Comics