Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Mystery of Robin

Postby Tango X » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:57 pm

The sword, shield and lasso look amazing. I'm definitely on board for figures.
Spoiler:
That tombstone opens up a ton of possibilities if Dick Grayson died in this Universe.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:03 pm

I think the pteruges over the hot pants was a smart choice for the big screen. :pagrin:
Spoiler:
Not really happy about Dick being dead, though. I was really looking forward to seeing the Dick Grayson Robin or Nightwing at some point.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Tom Turbine » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 pm

When I saw this the day they put it out, my jaw dropped. This is now my must see movie. Nice theories, guys. With the color added to that scene, you can see how that could look like a costume. One theory I saw was that Batman said "Damian" during the trailer but I'm pretty sure he said "alien" if that even was Batman at all. :batlol:
In Seaboard City, crime doesn't pay!!
Tom Turbine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Postby Tom Turbine » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:06 pm

Latest trailer if you haven't seen it yet.
In Seaboard City, crime doesn't pay!!
Tom Turbine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:26 am

I just saw this on DORKLY.com....love this idea and does explain the age difference to me...

A fan theory that has persisted for some time on the internet has been given new life with the release of new trailers for both Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad. It centers around the controversial new Joker, played by Jared Leto, and actually explains a lot about why this version of the character is so different than what we've seen before.

According to Jason-G169 over on Reddit, our new Joker is none other than Jason Todd. In case you're not familiar with the character, Jason was Batman's rash, foolhardy sidekick that took over the mantle of Robin after Dick Grayson left the Batcave to become Nightwing.

Famously, it did not end well for this new Robin.

In the comics, the Joker murders Jason Todd (at the behest of a twisted fan vote), and Batman subsequently spent years mourning over his loss and his failure as a guardian and father figure. When Jason Todd came back decades later, because it's comic books, he looked very different. And somehow, still familiar...

In the Batman comic classic The Killing Joke, we find out that the Joker was tricked into becoming the Z-list villain the Red Hood, right before he fell into the vat of acid that transformed him into the Clown Prince of Crime. Though the Joker discarded that moniker, Jason took up the title of Red Hood after his own resurrection. Point being, the fan theory about Jared Leto's Joker has precedence, because Jason Todd has a built-in history of taking the Joker's identity.

The Joker being a former Robin gives us a whole new dynamic with the archrivals' relationship. As mentioned earlier, it would also give us a reasonable explanation as to why Leto's Joker looks like a god damned juggalo.

The thought of the kind of Joker we're normally familiar with, sitting down in a tattoo parlor for hours, days on end to get all that ink is frankly a little bit laughable. But what if each tattoo wasn't for the Joker, but for Batman? Sure, the J on his cheek could stand for "Joker," if this guy is super into personal branding, but what if it's a reminder that he's still Jason? An even more blatant message is scrawled on his right arm, where we can see a few feathers of what is presumably a tattoo of a bird -- probably a robin. You could extrapolate meaning from every tattoo; does the skull in a jester hat make sense if Joker ripped it off of a poison POG from the 90s, or might it represent Jason Todd's "death" and rebirth into the maniacal jester as shown in Suicide Squad?

If we've learned anything from years of movies, comics and video games, it's that you shouldn't put anything past the Joker when it comes to messing with Batman.

This quick shot in the Batman v. Superman trailer shows us what appears to be the Joker's defacement of a Robin statue: "The Joke's on you BATMAN." What's the joke here? Could it be that Batman's greatest ally turned into his greatest enemy, driven crazy by the Dark Knight's failure to save his sidekick from the original Joker? It might make sense, given what we see Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne reading on his paper: "You let your family DIE!!"

This "new" Joker seems to know about Bruce Wayne's past. The family in this case could refer to a lot of things, from the murders of Thomas and Martha Wayne, to the untimely "death" of Jason Todd, to this alleged HUGE LEAKED SPOILER from Batman v. Superman. Hell, the message directly recalls the comic storyline A Death in the Family, the very same arc in which Jason Todd dies.

Down in the comments, Novneet Chhabra pointed out a possible hint in the Batman v. Superman trailer. At one point, Bruce Wayne says: "20 years in Gotham. How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?"

What do you think? Could Jared Leto's Joker be Jason Todd? Or did some guy get a bunch of terrible tattoos in high school and then later built a persona around it to justify his past decisions?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Ken Davis » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:07 am

That theory makes incredible sense to me, mostly because it fits exactly with the Hollywwood story-structure philosophy of interwoven elements. That's why, in the 89 Batman movie, that the Joker ( as Jack Napier) was the killer of Bruce Wayne's parents--rather than the faceless "Joe Chill" from the comics. Makes for a tighter story........can can you imagine the reveal to the audience? It'd hit like " Luke, I am your father".
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Okay, I saw the movie and I loved it. Everything was on point for me. Everyone was amazing in their roles including (surprisingly, for me, at least) Eisenberg. Really don't want to spoil anything right now. I'll give you all a chance to see it first and chime in with your thoughts. Please use spoiler tags. :batgrin: And don't worry if you hated it. I know not everyone is going to like this movie as much as I did.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Blah. This is a wait for DVD movie to me.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:07 pm

I liked it, it was a good movie and Ben Affleck really killed it as Batman
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:15 am

Hey Webs, when
Spoiler:
Bruce Wayne had his prophetic dream sequence about Superman's attack on Earth with all the Parademons and the huge Omega symbol in the middle of the desert, how do you think he was able to see this?
Any theories? I'm trying to wrap my head around it. I was pretty tired from lack of rest and a late night before when I saw the whole thing.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies