Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

JLA movie thread

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

JLA movie thread

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Thu May 01, 2014 8:41 pm

With the news that Zack Snyder will be directing the new JLA movie after (Batman vs. Superman?) i was wondering what the thoughts were on that. What does everyone think about that choice? What they think the plot will be? Who is the team gonna be comprised of? This thread could last a while I guess, since more and more news will be leaking out for the next year or so.

I have read this on a couple sites, and I think its a good idea. As far as the team goes, the Grant Morrison JLA is the perfect team for film. Im sure John Stewart will be green lantern instead of Kyle. But maybe swap out Flash for Cyborg. Since Flash will have a tv show going. I would love to here thoughts on this. :smgrin: :batsmile: :wwsmile:
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Re: JLA movie thread

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu May 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Snyder is already making a JLA movie; it's called "Superman vs Batman...aka "Batman with a super powered alien and 17 other heroes" movie

Haha...

Seriously, nobody has any ideas where to start, since they already have the JLA appearing during some point in 2016's movie, i can't even begin to figure out what they're planning, other than killing themselves before they have a chance to begin; too much too soon.

I really hope they back off with all the heroes appearing, but sadly they won't...all I know is if they muck this up; I'm burning their offices down
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu May 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Oh yeah, one more thing: I'm holding out hope that DC/WB is smart enough to use Arrow and Flash from their prospective tv shows in these movies, so they don't confuse/disorient movie-goers with constant actor vs character changes....this would maintain a universal, cohesive element and a huge plus factor in DC's favor
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Thu May 01, 2014 9:28 pm

thats why I said swapping Flash out, because from what I heard, they arent going to coexist with the TV universe. In fact, I dont think much of the TV universe will be coexisting with each other, save for maybe Flash and Arrow. I dont know,I think Man of Steel was good. I have hope, but it could totally be a bust as well. I hope its good, cause the Justice League has a great story that is just waiting to finally be told on the big screen.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri May 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Being the first real super team, they have a ton of stories to run with, but it has to be done right with patience and time...not rushing into things as I fear they are
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat May 03, 2014 6:22 pm

True. I do hope that the team is already formed at the start of the movie, though. Thats just my personal preference.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun May 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Yeah I'm excited and scared at the same time
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:15 am

Idiot Savant wrote:Yeah I'm excited and scared at the same time

You took the words right out my mouth ... That's how I feel about it.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Skullmaster » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:45 pm

I'm actually pretty pumped for the movie. The pics I've seen so far look awesome and I know how separated fans were about Man of Steel, I thought it was awesome. It was definitely my definitive Superman flick. I am a little worried about how theyre going to handle the introduction of the other heroes but I'm fairly happy with the product so far.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies