Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DC 6" License Goes to McFarlane Toys?!?

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:04 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:Your Wal-Mart is getting in the new waves? Mine is clogged with lesser X-Men and Rock Pythons. Scattered Gwenpools.

Webs, you must be shopping at Munich Wally World...exact same description
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:05 pm

Sorry, SWL...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:31 am

Just saw both Batman figures at Target. These are an easy pass for me.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:09 am

Idiot Savant wrote:Sorry, SWL...

No need to apologize. That's an upgrade for me!
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:10 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Just saw both Batman figures at Target. These are an easy pass for me.

I'm curious to see them in person. I gotta stop by my Target, I've been thinking of getting that WWE entrance stage they just put out. Have you seen that thing?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:42 pm

I had a customer come in with a lot of items for sale, I ended up doing half cash and half trade. I got a DCUC Shazam and Mary Marvel, NECA Bebop and Rocksteady 2 pack, Sandman wave Black Costume Spider-Man, about 10 misc Transformers and 15 misc Marvel Legends and lastly a McFarlane toys Animated Batman and Superman. I have to admit I am liking McFarlane's stuff more and more. I kept the animated Superman to hang from the ceiling in my shop, he looks amazing out of package. The Batman I put on the wall for sale. I will end up getting a few of them when they get solicited through Diamond so at least I can pay cost.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:32 pm

Oh, so this whole "comic book store" is just a long con for you to get toys at cost, huh? Pretty slick.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby wally2974 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:29 pm

Yesterday, I went to my local Target's self check-out, with a McFarlane DC Multiverse Comic Batman. When I went to scan it, it said it required an associate's assistance, to check out. Then, when the Target worker came over to help me, the store security guard said "the street date is 3 days from now. They should have never been put out." I told them there were 4 figures out there, on the pegs, 2 animated Batman figures & 2 comic Batman figures. The Target employee told me she couldn't sell it to me, and that "someone was going to get fired for putting them out early". She walked over to customer service and handed the figure to them. I walked out shaking my head in disbelief.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:38 pm

Yeah, that happens with the Star Wars stuff a lot. Same at Walmart. That actually happened to me around The Force Awakens and they wouldn't let me buy them. That may explain why I saw them at only one Target. The one closest to me reset their aisles bit I didn't see the McF stuff. Not sure why they would have a release date. Usually that kind of thing is for movie related stuff.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:33 pm

Man that’s just stupid on their part...if someone allows the “fillers” to put product out, then it should be ready to sell...I hate hearing these things and it seems to happen a lot

I bought the McF GL and while being a really big boy, kinda let me down; I guess I was expecting work similar to their Fortnite figure quality, which is quite good in my opinion...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel