Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Club Infinite Earths Doomsday Unleashed

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

DC Club Infinite Earths Doomsday Unleashed

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Okay, having seen Muthasucka's awesome Doomsday custom today, I thought I'd start the inevitable Doomsday Unleashed thread. So far, it's been speculated that we're probably not getting Doomsday Unleashed or some kinda thing. Anyway, I was thinking, how many of you have already started contemplating turning one of the Containment Suit Doomsdays into a custom Doomsday Unleashed? I was thinking, the Oversized Doomsday Tooling Speculation Thread I made a while back could actually make for a very handy guide to make the conversions. I think the most work would come from a new headsculpt and resculpting the shin piece that's part of a wrinkled containment suit on Doomsday, but bare shin on unleashed. Thoughts?? :goldsupes:

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Doomsday Unleashed

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:08 pm

That's a great idea, if I already hadn't made one 1.5 years ago...can't wait to see everyone's ideas
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Well I'm planning on making an Unleashed Doomsday using a Containment Suit Doomsday. Hopefully I can pick up one or two extras for a decent price. But as much as I like the looks of the Unleashed Doomsday I think that the Kilowog body is a little too big for the character. So I'm also planning on making a Doomsday using the BAF ML Ultimate Green Goblin. The body already has the forearm and shoulder spikes and the flames are removable.

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:37 pm

Ooh, good call on that Ultimate GG, olds. I'm pretty much just going to make one so it scales properly with the Containment Suit one. No doubt we'll found out at that time that the Unleashed Doomsday is coming out after all. Hehe. :smroll:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:36 pm

That Goblin BAF is just the reused Avengers movie 6" scale Hulk fig, with added spikes, toenails, flames and a new head...it's also the very same figure I used to make my Doomsday; the skin textures make it so much better than what could be seen on Mattel's D-Day

Add a little blackwash to this when you're done and it really pops!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Truwe » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:40 pm

I have thought about doing a Doomsday. I recently got a cheap Validus that was pretty banged up and planned on adding parts from a DC Direct Doomsday figure.

I am planning on starting to cast by getting all the materials and equipment after this year and I might chalk up the cost and buy one of the SDCC Doomsday and cast the parts that it would have shared with the Unleashed figure. From there, I haven't really thought of how I would continue with the parts we got. I think the DCD figure might be too small to use the fists and heads but I would need all the figures in one spot to make that call.
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Muthasucka » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Hey, thanks for the kind words AcidDragon! Yeah, when I found out how big Mattel was making him I decided to try and make my own more to the scale I like him at. I'm not quite done with him (still need to add some more bones to the chest), but I like how he turned out. Here are some better pics:

I used the hips, thighs and boots from a NECA Bullestorm figure. I was going to paint them green, but I kinda like the brown now. The biceps are from Parasite. Once I swapped them out I realized that his forearms were too short, so I added gauntlets using the legs of some poor DCD figure from the fodder bin.

I chopped most of the spikes off his elbows, knees and back and repurposed them on his shoulders like the Injustice design. Then I painted all of his bones pale gray and gave them a black wash. Again, gonna add some to his chest as that's looking a little manicured by comparison.

I've been meaning to take some comparison shots with a DCD and DCSH Superman, but needless to say he is considerably taller than he started. He looks pretty lanky when standing straight up, but he looks pretty good in a crouch. I'll try to get some group shots this weekend. Maybe I'll even finish his chest while I'm at it!
Muthasucka
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tango X » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:58 pm

That's really awesome, Sucka. You did a very nice job. Good choice keeping it brown. It looks cool that way.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:34 am

That's a very creative way to get the DCSH D-Day looking more menacing! Nice job
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Truwe » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:54 am

Awesome work Mutha!
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel